Range AFM device... A life saver!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, haven't posted in a while... Good to be home! (Rant ahead)

Anyway, I came back to my wife complaining that the truck has been shuttering and vibrating up and down the road for the past 5 months--I thought it may've been the tires, or a bent wheel until I drove it myself. Turned out to be a (self-diagnosed) transmission/torque converter/AFM issue.

So, I take it to my local GMC dealership who proceeds to tells me it's due to my aftermarket exhaust and oversized wheels. I would've gave it some thought, albeit brief, if he would've just said wheels, but exhaust...... really, dude? I can't believe GM isn't fully owning up to this failed design! It's quite frustrating and embarrassing.

Regardless of GM's failure--I have a go between until I rid myself of any further GM patronage; the Range RA003. Now my Denali feels like a 6.2L and the shifts are as smooth as butter. All for just $199.00--that's all it costs GM.

Belqasem

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you suffer pressure and buffering before use it ?

أرسلت من SM-N920C بإستخدام تاباتلك

OP
OP
Rush

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope... never had that issue

OP
OP
Rush

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plug and play... 2 second install.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Plugs into ODB2 port and disables AFM. Why not spend just a pinch more and get a tune to tune it out, and get additional power & response?

OP
OP
Rush

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't imagine the line I'd get from the service dept had I done a full tune... still noticing the shutter btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10