Rancho Quicklift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TREYR8D

Reaction score
So, I've done a bunch of reading, and I'm looking to level out my wife's Z71 Tahoe. I've heard a lot of good things about the CCM 2.5/1 kit and the Rancho quicklift. I am on the fence between these two, but maybe someone who has the Quicklift can clear some stuff up for me that i can't seem to find in google search land.

First off: How do you adjust the damping in the shocks? Is it a knob that you have to turn, or is it some other method?

Second: In doing my research for application, the Rancho website lists two options for Tahoe: Exc. Autoride & Z71; or Incl Autoride & Exc. Z71. To me this means that neither will work for a Z71. Is this correct?

Lastly: Also in research for price, I find them constantly for approx $170, but none of them list if it is both front shocks or just one and i have to order Qty:2.

I haven't measured the Hoe, but to me it looks like the rear is approx 2-3 inches taller than the front, and doing just the front would make it level. I realize that with the rancho quicklift i have to buy rear spacers separately, which is approx $40 for a billet spacer. The appealing part to me is the adjustability in shock characteristics. My college Sr. design project was to design suspension and steering on a mini-baja car....I love that stuff!

Thanks!

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Rancho Quick Lift and I really like it. I did the install myself (1st major suspension job for me) and it went together pretty well.

To adjust the shocks, there is a 9-position knob on the lower part of the shock. Turning this will adjust the shock. They also offer their MyRide Wireless controller which, with a small air compressor, will adjust the shocks from a wireless hand-held controller. I also installed their shocks on the rear so I would have 4x adjustability.

With out looking at it myself, I don't know about the compatibility with the Z71. I would just call up Rancho and ask.

When I bought mine, it came as a set (x2). The price listed is most likely for the set.

If you do any towing or ever have a load in your cargo area I would recommend the rear spacers. Mine, from Rancho, are plastic. I think their website even said it was recommended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J2PDeweese