Radio won't shut off when door opens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000YukonXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought 2003 Denali, and have had it a year with little to no problems. Currently have 109,500 miles and in the last few weeks we have noticed that the radio doesn't always turn off when the drivers door opens. This morning I fiddled with it for about 20 min before it turned itself off :/ I did notice when I was messing with stuff that the dome lights don't always come on when opening the door either, and when opening the driver side back door, they come on and then turn right back off. The other doors and gate seem to work fine. Shortly after I bought the rig, I asked a GM friend of mine why the radio would sometimes cut out, only driving down hill, braking, and turning a corner to the right and thought he was going to say I was crazy! He put on scanner and it came back as some sort of steering tilt sensor or something like that. I never replaced because it doesn't seem to be bothering anything else at the time and then I kinda forgot about it. Could these be related? I read somewhere that a weak battery might cause funny things to happen, its dated 6/10 and we've only had to jump it once or twice while I had all the doors open cleaning inside, but that wasn't recent. PLEASE HELP!! I think husband can fix, if someone could lead him in the right direction. Thanks!!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the switch/latch in your door. You can try electrical spray grease, but if it doesn't work you'll have to swap the latch out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts