Radiator petcock leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seadaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 95 2 door yukon that seems to be leaking from the drain petcock on the radiator. I replaced the petcock this weekend when I did a coolant flush, there seems to be quite a bit of play in the plug. The old and new one leaks. Is there any way to seal the drain for good with a bolt? I feel as though the plug is very weak and prone to failure.

Thanks for any insight!

OP
OP
S

seadaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The problem with the o ring is that it is attached to the end of the plug and is very small, not a very we'll thought out design. I will probably fill it with jb weld as you stated.

OP
OP
S

seadaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The issue with the o ring is that it is on the inside tip of the plug and not on the exterior part that meets the visible part of the radiator

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
believe it is this on so you should be able to turn it in its socket to let the pins slide in the groves to come out all the way. the trick is getting an extension to get a good grip on it with out it constantly popping off. thick paper around the tip should help. btw part number is gm 52484010 and should cost you less then $5 online or local dealer.