Quick fix for chipped paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spencer2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i just got done demolding my hoe and i got to the last piece of trim and the paint chipped. Its just a little bit on the drivers door. Evidently the people who painted it after my mom got in a wreck 2 years ago didnt wait long enough for the pain to dry before putting the trim on. Anybody got any advie for a fix besides going to a paint or body shop? Pictures coming

Attachments

• P1010363.jpg
    P1010363.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 33
  • P1010362.jpg
    P1010362.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

photoryan

Reaction score
Go to the local auto parts store and pick up a paint chip repair kit. If it's small enough you'll only need the paint. If it's pretty small, you can use a toothpick to dab it instead of the brush they usually come with. I would use the toothpick for anything up to a little smaller than dime size. I don't like the brush or pen they come with. And take your time. It's a lot worse if you go out of the chip and paint on top of your paint.

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that in the picture needs sanded and repainted, there is no fixing that with touch up, sorry man it will just look like shit, i just removed my mouldings last week also
0402001722.jpg

Chrislovessushi

Murderedish
Reaction score
I hate that molding but it really doesnt look right without it unless you remove the strip accross the front bumper which leaves holes. Until I find a new bumper I like Ill be keeping mine. As for the chips, I agree, unless you're good with paint and body work it's going to look funny because it definitely needs to be sanded. If you don't have the money for that, and if you were me...Id sand down the molding, wash it up good with some degreaser, paint it white, put a good clear coat on there and glue it back on there. Bam, fixed for $6.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats WAY bigger than a chip. you need to go to a body shop

OP
OP
Spencer2009

Spencer2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what i was afraid of. Thanks for the help guys, looks like im gonna have to get my gilrfriend to take my hoe to her friends body shop to get it fixed.

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its someone that knows what they are doing they can easily paint below that body line only, if you were near me id repaint that for like 50-75$

BM1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You Could If You Live In A State That Salts Its Roads Make It Two Tone By Using Bed Liner Junk. So One Gets Rid Of The Scratch. And Two Helps Prevent Rust

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo