Quad Retrofit Completed!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lot of modding in those pics. lol.

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol the backside may be ugly. But it works haha. However doing it like that allows me to remove the bowl and cutoff shields without removing the front lens... So if I burn up a bowl or something then I can replace it easily

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol the backside may be ugly. But it works haha. However doing it like that allows me to remove the bowl and cutoff shields without removing the front lens... So if I burn up a bowl or something then I can replace it easily

Not hatting on it at all. Mine sort of looks like that as well. Didnt think of the ease of taking it out with this way. Need to replace mine completely, front lense are getting bad.

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, just cut some aluminum tape and 4 screws and the bowl it out. Eh who cares about the back side haha... Thought about painting it black though... Or maybe some undercoating... Doubt it will ever happen though haha.

Just buy another pair of headlights and swap the lenses

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, just cut some aluminum tape and 4 screws and the bowl it out. Eh who cares about the back side haha... Thought about painting it black though... Or maybe some undercoating... Doubt it will ever happen though haha.

Just buy another pair of headlights and swap the lenses

I have thought about it, but I really did not want the back all black. Wanted to leave them alone and paint only the shrouds flat black. Kind of just want to redo the whole light. Different ideas now. No halos for one.

/ done being off topic. lol

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quad Rx350's! Haha Yea, I hear ya. I'm thinking maybe making another set all chrome lol...

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quad Rx350's! Haha Yea, I hear ya. I'm thinking maybe making another set all chrome lol...

Ha ha, maybe.. I like yours now. But all chrome would be nice as well.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those things are bright. How does it look driving, are you lighting up both sides of the road? I built my headlights for my drives to Florida since I drive at night and am scared of hitting some deer. Driving with the family need as much light as people to be safe ahead. I'd love to build a sick set like yours.

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha they are bright. Let's just say almost all cars that drive past you can't tell their lights are on. But that's only running all 4 around town. When I get out on back roads and unlit areas I only run the TL's and the distance vision is amazing either way. But I like having alot of foreground lighting when I'm in the city, which is most of the time lol. It looks so awesome on a pitch black night, only one on the road running quad mode, it just spreads so wide and far it makes it all worth it. And I don't even have my fusion fogs done yet either lol.

Honestly it wasn't that bad to build, I just didn't have much time to devote to it. I worked on it in like 30 min intervals haha. It could easily be done over a weekend but just couldn't get the time to do it.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand. About doing the work I'm not worried about because after doing mine and seeing the difference it definitely is worth it. I'm going to try and see if my guy at the body shop could save me a set of headlights. I've been busy lately so I haven't had time to get there and take some headlights. This shop works on nothing but highend cars;MB, BMW, Porsche, lambo, Maserati all that good stuff. Hopefully one day I'll go and be able to get a clean set and work it into one of my headlights. Maybe they'll come out looking something like yours, output is ridiculous on those. Great work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mccubbinsjl