Project: Bahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Looks like the OBS outside mirror glass is in fine shape. A little duct tape and good as new. The dags won't even mind.

Do the dogs like to run through the pressure washer? I had a dog that did that once. Could not stay away from that stream when I fired it up.

Nothing easier than wheelin' around a cherry picker with an engine and trans on it, in the grass.

OP
OP
E

Elasinthe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mirrors still reflect, but I may need some adhesive to keep them in place. The dags do not love the pressure washer, yet. We used a mower to tow the cherry picker around the yard. Easy as cherry pie.

OP
OP
E

Elasinthe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Full disclosure, I'm in Maryland, and the trucks are in South Carolina! I only work on it when I'm down there, which is about 5-6 times a year.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice project vehicles! I agree the Silverado will make a good farm truck.

OP
OP
E

Elasinthe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was reminded that I also got a spare rear glass with slider for the Silverado. Anyone need any of this extra stuff? I trashed all the interior since it was moldy, soaking wet with years of stagnant water, and heavy AF. Stank... as... fuxors. Even the entire dash assembly is gone and gone, since it crumbled upon removal. It's cool that I have good friends that are willing to store all the good remaining stuff. It will be free expeditions for them, so that's a good trade, IMO. I kept the seats, just in case I needed frames or anything. They are still good butt-rackers.

I heard back from LizardSkin; since I won't have any carpet or headliner, the standard product will cut down road noise, and the ceramic product overcoat will cut down thermals. While that will be low pressure washable, they said that can further be coated with a poly that will make it pressure washable. That combo will be applied to the ENTIRE interior, including the firewall and ceiling, and in theory, will still be lighter weight than carpet and headliner. Watch out daggos! I'm even considering a 3M ceramic tint to further enhance climate regulation.

The Holley screens are "weatherproof", but I may 3D print a housing or something with an overlay. We also plan to build a new aluminum dash, and weld up a couple bumpers. One of the boys down there is a welder by trade, so it should be easy peasy. Why spend several grand when I can spend beers and cigarettes!? Anyone here ever pressure wash the INTERIOR of any vehicle?! lol.

If I decide on climate control, it will likely be as simple the OEM heater core with a server fan for heat. AC may not be an option.

Any other suggestions are highly welcomed! Tires!? Suspension!? Rebuild kits for all the drivetrain components? I'll do more digging. I'm sure most of my questions are already answered here somewhere.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s usually electronics involved with the interior so that’s a negatory for me on the pressure washing lol.:insane:

OP
OP
E

Elasinthe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, I won't have most of the electronics to worry about. Airbags are gone, power seat stuff, stereo, and everything that was OEM dash electronics, all gone. Anything remaining or added will be waterproofed. Even the headliner items, for whichever items I decide to have. Rear AC, gone. Significantly reduces any potential issues at the same time.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I won't have most of the electronics to worry about. Airbags are gone, power seat stuff, stereo, and everything that was OEM dash electronics, all gone. Anything remaining or added will be waterproofed. Even the headliner items, for whichever items I decide to have. Rear AC, gone. Significantly reduces any potential issues at the same time.
Yeah you might want to relocate the bcm, the connectors are known to corrode and cause lots of trouble. You’ll still need to be able to start it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65