Production Delays on New Order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AReeves08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I placed an order for a 2015 Denali on 4/7/15. It looks like my vehicle has two production delays: one for simply being a Denali and the other for the Q7M wheels. I don't mind waiting for the vehicle to be built, but it's no fun when there are unexpected delays. I'm kicking myself for not driving to Laura and buying off the lot...

Anyone else in the same boat? The current delays are below:

-5SA Denali may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions- Yukon
-Q7M 22'' Aluminum Wheel may increase lead time by 2-4 weeks due to supplier restrictions - Yukon
-RX1/RXN 22'' LPO Wheels may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions - Yukon
-SLT Package (4SA) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions - Yukon
-LTZ Package may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions - Tahoe
-PCK Luxury Package may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions - Tahoe

Last edited:

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that sucks! Can you cancel the order and drive to Laura? Or if you going to wait that long... what about just ordering the 2016. What's up with the wheels.. you figure they would stock them... I wonder if it is a shipping issue with the wheels or some kind of production issue back in china... (I'm assuming the wheels are made in China).

OP
OP
A

AReeves08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I could cancel, but I'd be out my deposit of $1,000. I thought about ordering a 2016 as 2015 order banks are now closed. The only problem there is it would guarantee I'm waiting months. The production start for 2016's is 7/20/15.

12many

Reaction score
AR - wow. So I or a dealer can not go order a 2015? And if I or the dealer, wants to order a Tahoe (has to be a 2016), the production of it will not even start for another 3 months, plus the time for production/shipping could be 4-5 months total (assuming no delays).

Seems like the dealer could run low on stock since they only get what is in the order pipeline for the next 4-5 months during the busy summer months.

I would stick with your order. You can always shop for a deal that may be good enough to let you lose your $1000 deposit (ouch) and then buy it and cancel at anytime (read your contract).

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could cancel, but I'd be out my deposit of $1,000. I thought about ordering a 2016 as 2015 order banks are now closed. The only problem there is it would guarantee I'm waiting months. The production start for 2016's is 7/20/15.

I don't know what the new 2016 will have in upgrades but it may be worth to order a 2016. Have you checked what new features the 2016 has compare to the 2015s? My '15 Denali has a few nuisance issues with the intellilink but nothing to take to the dealer about. Reading the other threads seems there are a few issues with 2015 and maybe 2016 may fix a lot of them.
Like Manny12 pointed out -- maybe you can find a better deal else where to compensate the 1k -- like Laura.
The dealer I ordered my '15 Denali didn't require any down payment. The order was done by one email and one phone call. 7 weeks later I was driving my Denali.

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry you have to wait. I can tell you that GM is struggling to keep up with the orders. Many parts are back ordered from suppliers.

boodrizzle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm on my 9th week of waiting for an LTZ. Rumor is it will be here next Friday. The last rumor is it was being built on mar 26.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed an order for a 2015 Denali on 4/7/15. It looks like my vehicle has two production delays: one for simply being a Denali and the other for the Q7M wheels. I don't mind waiting for the vehicle to be built, but it's no fun when there are unexpected delays. I'm kicking myself for not driving to Laura and buying off the lot...

Anyone else in the same boat? The current delays are below:

-5SA Denali may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions- Yukon
-Q7M 22'' Aluminum Wheel may increase lead time by 2-4 weeks due to supplier restrictions - Yukon
-RX1/RXN 22'' LPO Wheels may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions - Yukon
-SLT Package (4SA) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions - Yukon
-LTZ Package may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions - Tahoe
-PCK Luxury Package may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions - Tahoe
Don't feel bad must of the 2015i Denali 8 speed transmission have to be replace, so you wait for better or you want to deal with this?
[emoji19]

Last edited:

krzyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry you have to wait. I can tell you that GM is struggling to keep up with the orders. Many parts are back ordered from suppliers.
This is true of other GM vehicles as well, I'm trying to purchase more vans, there are no 2015's around and 2016's aren't being built yet. WTF? It's April!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019