problems with parking brake.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdawg901

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i replaced shoes springs and both left and right rear cables still wont engage so i took it to a shop to see why after half a day he called to say that it need three new cables and a center piece but he could not tell me what the piece was just that only all of it had to come from the dealer and it was going to cost me 601 now take it he going to charge me 90 just to look at it if i dont get the repairs ,if anyone could i would appreciate it

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Why does it need a new piece? the cabling doesn't really wear out, nor do the connectors. It either connects, or it's really broken. If it's really broken, your best bet is a junk yard. I need to do this too- the rear end I got didn't have the linkage parts I needed to reconnect them. Parking brakes are easy. Don't let a shop bully you. :)

OP
OP
jdawg901

jdawg901

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i got my truck back he gave me a paper sayin that it needed a parking brake assembly so i went to nappa and the only thing we came up with is 3 cables 2 for the rear and 1 for the front ,im going to replace the one from the front(i guess from the pedel to the connector under the frame ,also he said that the cables where streched to far to be adjusted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmt800