PPV/SSV recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I got a recall notice in the mail last week. I had checked on recalls for my Hoe a month or so ago. I came up with a recall for the electric cooling fans, according to GM's website the fans can overheat due to corrosion and cause a fire. However GM states Incomplete remedy, not yet available recall number is N1S1702620. Just thought I would pass this along!!

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like a simple fix you could do yourself, but there isnt enough information :( I wonder if dealers know what to do.

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they are going to change the fans. Why would you do it yourself when they will do it for free?:)

From what I read its just the wiring that goes up to the fan, not the fans itself.

I don't trust dealerships much lol.

OP
OP
2011SSVHOE

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I don't generally trust them either, because I worked at several dealers for over 10 years. But I do let them change my oil, and state inspections and free recalls of course.

CanesLaw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My local dealer claimed that Chevy has not yet provided dealerships with any parts/fix. The recall has been open since November. Anyone have any success getting this problem fixed?

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got recall notices for the fan and air bag on our '10. Haven't taken it in yet.

Need to also do the seat belt recall on our Caprice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts