PPV 1" taller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like it

& agree it needs a slightly wider tires

Super Sport

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would be cool if someone made a 20" steelie look alike wheel. Kinda like I've seen Chip Foose do with the '78 Trans Am wheels. That way you could have the bigger wheels and keep the stealth look... Lol

Bringing up an older post. Are you familiar with transport wheels? I have a 68 C10 and a lot of guys use them on older trucks. They are a 6 lug.
"Starting in 2012 GM introduced a “transit” wheel program for MY full-size SUVs and Crew Cab pickups to help increase *********** of 22” wheels and create a higher level of personalization. A transit wheel is simply a steel wheel, 22” tire, and TPM mounted to the vehicle during assembly which will be used to transport the vehicle from factory to dealer."

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin good samuraj

Welcome aboard SS

Would be cool if someone made a 20" steelie look alike wheel. Kinda like I've seen Chip Foose do with the '78 Trans Am wheels. That way you could have the bigger wheels and keep the stealth look... Lol

Detroit Steel Wheels are another option from the transport wheels. They come in many sizes and widths.
The only difference is they are a solid wheel. If you know of any fab or machine shops, they can be easily made into large diameter PPV wheels. I had thought about doing that hahaha

OP
OP
S

Samuraj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They did rub...
Many small trimming need be done to rear well , and at the better weather I have to massage front wheels liner with a heat gun .
Tires are soft and pick in up road noise .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645