Powering Subwoofer question. Need help ASAP.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweet Aaron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright guys and gals; here's the problem i'm about to have. I'm about to wire up 4 Rockford Fosgate P3 15's in my 2004 Tahoe, I'm most likely going to power it with a Hifonics 3500watt amp(can't remember the exact name atm) but the problem i'm going to have is it will DESTROY my battery and my alternation if I don't find a alternative power source. So does anyone have any ideas? Like should I power it with a external battery or what? I'm completely clueless on this issue:( anyone wanna help?:b

Thanks!
Aaron.

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be fine running it with the stock battery and alt.

I've got an MTX 1501d and I haven't had a problem other than my lights dimming, but a second battery would clean that up.

ESCALADE200224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would agree to a second battery and I'd put it in the engine compartment to save room for those 15s and amp.

Ryan1126

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so how much are you actually pulling? i would say your good up to about 1000 watts without having to up your electrical. im pulling 3000+ watts and i have two bats and a high output alternator.

OP
OP
Sweet Aaron

Sweet Aaron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks so much everyone!
@2000Yukon, I was running 2400watts and it killed my old alt in my other tahoe. :/
@Matty, i'm putting 30k HID's in soon:)
@Escalade, i'll have to find somewhere to put that beast :p lol

*@ryan, i'm going to be pulling about the same as you close to or over 3k watts, would you mind sending me a link to your high output alt? Also, do you have any pictures of your set up I could possibly look at?

ESCALADE200224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much everyone!
@2000Yukon, I was running 2400watts and it killed my old alt in my other tahoe. :/
@Matty, i'm putting 30k HID's in soon:)
@Escalade, i'll have to find somewhere to put that beast :p lol

*@ryan, i'm going to be pulling about the same as you close to or over 3k watts, would you mind sending me a link to your high output alt? Also, do you have any pictures of your set up I could possibly look at?

Well where the stock filter is under it is a battery tray. I would put the battery there in my car I'd move my aftermarket air intake and put the battery there.

OP
OP
Sweet Aaron

Sweet Aaron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not sure what i'm going to do yet, i'm trying to think if I could just get by with a capacitor or what, or if I could just get a High output alternator and I'd be okay. What you guys think about that?

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't bother with a cap.

If you can afford it go with a second battery and a high output alt.

OP
OP
Sweet Aaron

Sweet Aaron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't bother with a cap.

If you can afford it go with a second battery and a high output alt.

Alright; well can you link me to a decent high output alternator? I don't want the top of the line most expensive one :p but then again I don't want some POS lol. If you could link me to one i'd greatly appreciate it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JIMEMAC33