Power mirrors on 07 are crap!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No ***** here, just stating that comments like that make people sound uninformed about the reality of things.
You are ridiculous. All I said was that my Lexus has the quietest folding mirrors of the 3 that I've used and you freaked out. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sound like a *****. The GC came out in 2010 as a MY2011 so... And if all of the parts do come from the same place like you say, well Lexus sure did choose to use a hella higher quality part from the same company.

You are ridiculous. All I said was that my Lexus has the quietest folding mirrors of the 3 that I've used and you freaked out. Lol

Actually you're the one who freaked out when it was suggested that your Lexus isn't that much more quality-wise than a GM. And his point about your comparisons are on 2 and 3-year old cars regardless of the year they were introduced. They're still 2014 and 2015's, so they have only been in use since 2014 or 2015. First you called him an *******, then you called him ridiculous. His points are valid. Yours aren't. And if anybody is being ridiculous or an *******, take a look in the mirror. Then, try to relax. We're all family here.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never called him an *******. I said *****. Second, I hate the Lexus, it's had amongst the most problems of any of my vehicles. All I was saying was its mirrors were quieter. But thanks, mediator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
conchasjim

conchasjim

Reaction score
Finally got the little plastic gears in today. See if I get some time and try the install. They certainly don't look worth the price. We shall see if they last. Hate to be replacing them every few months. It looks pretty complicated. image.jpg

OP
OP
conchasjim

conchasjim

Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg They work! I did the gear replacement today. Took me about 1 1/2 hours for the first one, the second one about 45 minutes. The directions on their web site are very good. Trickiest part for me was unsnapping the glass mirror from the housing. I managed to do it all without breaking any of the plastic tabs.
The mirrors have never been this quiet while folding. They also are nice and solid, no more flappy crappy mirrors. Woo Hoo....

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
So what's the quality of the gear like compared to the factory gear? On first impression

OP
OP
conchasjim

conchasjim

Reaction score
Looks to be made of a different type of plastic is all I could see. $50 bucks worth? Well, it's cheaper than new mirrors with the same plastic gear that fails for sure. Time will tell. And they do have a lifetime warranty. And they state they tested them for thousands of cycles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bb115