Power Folding Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jstein1990

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently noticed that on the Tahoes for sure, when you fold the mirrors in, it scratches the paint on the mount on the door. Has anyone else noticed this and is it worth having Chevy fix it?

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that it kinda scratches the part of the door that attaches and holds mirror in place. This is only noticeably when mirrors are folded in if you really look for it. Maybe gm could have done a better job but not really a big deal not worth the trip to dealership. Maybe a mention when your there for service. ?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Recently a friend had the same 2 problems. Crud builds up between the 2 surfaces where the movement is. I advised him to clean and lube the area and when he did he noticed it worked easier and did not leave a movement scratch mark. If your mirrors do not work at all then will need to figure that out to get working again but when you do, clean the surfaces and lube.

tbully

Reaction score
Recently a friend had the same 2 problems. Crud builds up between the 2 surfaces where the movement is. I advised him to clean and lube the area and when he did he noticed it worked easier and did not leave a movement scratch mark. If your mirrors do not work at all then will need to figure that out to get working again but when you do, clean the surfaces and lube.

Appreciate that good feedback. Mine is only a day old so no buildup yet. Could be user error but I did read the manual.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It would always always be great if every poster revealed their rigs year, make and model. It's not a secret, is it?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
In the signature or not, just remember that asking for help here is like taking your vehicle in to a shop or dealership and the very first thing they ask is the year, make and model.

tbully

Reaction score
I have gotten in a couple 2015's and the auto fold setting seems to do absolutely nothing.

Yep. I have it enabled and nothing. I did read that you have to use the RKE (which I have) but still nothing.

Anyway, appreciate you bringing the scratching issue up (your original topic - apologies). I have to fold them to safely garage it so I will keep my eye on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900