Post pics of your mods on LT Tahoe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ChevyGirl111

ChevyGirl111

Reaction score
Once I get the fogs installed this Saturday along with the tint I will post pics! Wrapping the Chevy bow ties prob next weekend

newagemuscle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks nice! I was thinking of getting the chrome strip for the rear bumper too. We debadged the LT and put z71 badges on instead looks really good. But now I'm debating adding anymore chrome because z71 tahoes do not have any

On a dark vehicle like mine I feel the chrome molding really breaks things up in the back of the truck. On white I'm sure it would look good too, but it will not offer you the same contrast you would get from a black vehicle. I agree with you about the chrome though. The Z71 really seems to steer away from it.

newagemuscle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Once I get the fogs installed this Saturday along with the tint I will post pics! Wrapping the Chevy bow ties prob next weekend

No need to wrap the bowties. Use plasti dip. It comes out way way better and is very durable. I just sold my 2015 Tahoe which I purchased in 2014. My 2017 came with the black molded bowties, but my 2015 did not. I plasti dipped them and they came out as perfect as the ones on my 2017. I had them on for almost 3 years and they looked as good as the day I put them on. I could even hit it with a power washer and it would not come off. I did the vinyl on my Camaro, but it looks nowhere as good as the plasti dip when done right. I will find you a YouTube video. I also did it on my other daily drive (Chevy Cruze) and it came out perfect.

newagemuscle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No need to wrap the bowties. Use plasti dip. It comes out way way better and is very durable. I just sold my 2015 Tahoe which I purchased in 2014. My 2017 came with the black molded bowties, but my 2015 did not. I plasti dipped them and they came out as perfect as the ones on my 2017. I had them on for almost 3 years and they looked as good as the day I put them on. I could even hit it with a power washer and it would not come off. I did the vinyl on my Camaro, but it looks nowhere as good as the plasti dip when done right. I will find you a YouTube video. I also did it on my other daily drive (Chevy Cruze) and it came out perfect.

Here a link to you tube with several examples. You can't mess this stuff up.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=plasti+dip+chevy+bowtie

OP
OP
ChevyGirl111

ChevyGirl111

Reaction score
On a dark vehicle like mine I feel the chrome molding really breaks things up in the back of the truck. On white I'm sure it would look good too, but it will not offer you the same contrast you would get from a black vehicle. I agree with you about the chrome though. The Z71 really seems to steer away from it.
Yeah I don't think I would get the same contrast as you would on a darker vehicle

newagemuscle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for this video. I bought black carbon fiber vinyl I was going to put on the emblems. How does the plastidip stay on when you can just peel it off? That stuff is pretty cool

Well, it does peel off, but it takes effort to get it started. Put it this way, its only going to come off when you want it to. If its applied right you have nothing to worry about.

OP
OP
ChevyGirl111

ChevyGirl111

Reaction score
Got tint done, installed fog lights, and wrapped the gold bow tie with black carbon fiber, and changed out the headlights to match the led's Looks so much better!! This was all done today

IMG_3564.JPG

IMG_3566.JPG

IMG_3570.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk