Post before and after pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a new grill Chicago or is it painted? What size trim do you buy from shadow line website for the headlights and trim around the windows 3 inch or 4 inch and I know it's Matt and not glossy right. Yours looks great Chicago I can't wait until mine is done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's the same black one I put in a while ago. For the headlights I used the 4 inch vinyl from ShadowLineTrim. I ended up using Plasti-Dip on the window trim as I was finding the 4 inch was not big enough to do some parts of the window trim (mainly the side of the rear window since it is so wide at the bottom) and I didn't feel like ordering more of the wrap and instead just picked up the plasti-dip for Lowes.

Also how did you black out your letters on your truck Chicago? Thanks

The letters were bought off of Amazon and I removed the chrome letters and replaced with the black. It was a pain in the butt to do but I really like the way it turned out. It would definitely be quicker to just plasti-dip the letters. :)

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I've heard it's a pain to take off the emblems! But I love the look and need to figure out how I'm gonna do it! I'm not comfortable doing it myself and wonder if there's places that do that kind of stuff! Your vehicle looks great and I want my front to look like yours! But need to find someone to do it!

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I've heard it's a pain to take off the emblems! But I love the look and need to figure out how I'm gonna do it! I'm not comfortable doing it myself and wonder if there's places that do that kind of stuff! Your vehicle looks great and I want my front to look like yours! But need to find someone to do it!

You can easily do it, just a bit time consuming. Just use painters tape to tape off where the current letters are, use a heat gun to warm up the adhesive on the emblems, the cut off with some dental floss. Clean off any remaining residue and then attach the new ones. Tons of YouTube videos on how to take off the old ones.

Love that color :)

Thanks! I really love the Tungsten as well. It's a great color and looks different depending upon the light.

OP
OP
Carpenter2361

Carpenter2361

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can easily do it, just a bit time consuming. Just use painters tape to tape off where the current letters are, use a heat gun to warm up the adhesive on the emblems, the cut off with some dental floss. Clean off any remaining residue and then attach the new ones. Tons of YouTube videos on how to take off the old ones.

Thanks! I really love the Tungsten as well. It's a great color and looks different depending upon the light.
Yup one of the best features