Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HuskerHoe

Reaction score
I'm dropped with factory hitch. I use a 2" drop hitch but flip it upside down, 2" up. I've pulled an 8000lb trailer a couple times no problem. Never used my spare tire in the 3 years I've had it so I got rid of it. I also have one of those 250psi compressors that you plug into your cigarette lighter.

I wouldnt heitate to pull a 4000lb boat with a hidden hitch and some helper bags. Buy a little compressor, ditch the spare and dont look back

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guess my boat hitch is just kinda high, cause i use like a 5 in drop hitch i think, flipped. and it settles out kinda level when it's on my truck. as far as i know i'm factory height, doesn't look lowered. maybe my rear springs are tired? but that's the only thing i really pull with it, the only heavy thing, anyway. (22' bay boat). it might just be tongue heavy, no telling. haven't pulled much stuff in general, so i dunno. anyhow, thanks for the info. didn't mean to threadjack it. branndon

Low97tahoE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ahh yes my hoe again! LOL

ummm drop keys up front like 2-4 ish
flip kit on the rear and shackles about 7 inches :)

and its gettn bagged reall soon

i saw somewhere on here that you were riding without a notch or somethin...i was wondering, did u ever notch ur frame, and also, how did it ride without the notch...i am doing a flip kit for my 4/6 drop and i wont have time to notch the frame until the next sunday...so i imagine ill be hittin the bumpstops alot for a week or so, lemme know how it was for you without the notch. thanks

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i have a 2/2 on mine right now, youve seen my hoe enough. But next week itll be around a 4/6. ill be sure to throw some pics up here with the powdered rims and shit.

Low97tahoE- put some pics of your truck up, i love your truck, always look at it on Cardomain.

Low97tahoE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here are the requested pics. Ill be putting on the Flip kit Friday, ridin dirty for a little while and then doin coils soon after i get my exhaust ran again. (had to cut the tailpipes off to go 4/6.

Attachments

• My 97 Tahoe.jpg
    My 97 Tahoe.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 427
  • My 97 Tahoe 2.jpg
    My 97 Tahoe 2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 391
  • My 97 Tahoe 3.jpg
    My 97 Tahoe 3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 297

HuskerHoe

Reaction score
low97, follow the rules!!!! Stats man!

Lol just joking. What are the details on the hoe though. 2wd I'm assuming? Tire and rim size?

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i saw somewhere on here that you were riding without a notch or somethin...i was wondering, did u ever notch ur frame, and also, how did it ride without the notch...i am doing a flip kit for my 4/6 drop and i wont have time to notch the frame until the next sunday...so i imagine ill be hittin the bumpstops alot for a week or so, lemme know how it was for you without the notch. thanks

i havnt notched yet
it rides ok a little bouncy take the bump stop bracket out when u do the flip kit
the bracket has a bolt on one side and a rivet on the other just take the bolt out and spin the bracket to the back and it will be out of the way
unless u want to drill or cut out that rivet
good luck

HuskerHoe

Reaction score
clean95, what about upfront? I know when I was decranked I was sitting on the bumpstops. Is there was to get more front travel out of these? Even after cutting bumpstops?

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
clean95, what about upfront? I know when I was decranked I was sitting on the bumpstops. Is there was to get more front travel out of these? Even after cutting bumpstops?

um well i have 22s and fender flares
and i dont have mine decranked all the way
but i did COMPLETELY cut out the bump stops ***** is low

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

img1268626906296.jpg
img1268626905978.jpg

Low97tahoE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
[QUOTE/] i havnt notched yet
it rides ok a little bouncy take the bump stop bracket out when u do the flip kit
the bracket has a bolt on one side and a rivet on the other just take the bolt out and spin the bracket to the back and it will be out of the way
unless u want to drill or cut out that rivet
good luck [/QUOTE]

i have already cut out the bumpstop bracket, i just cut into the head of the rivet a little and then hit it with the air chisel, then grinded it down flat, and punched it out. thanks for the info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork