Possible to add transmission temp gauge? (ATTN: Those who've taken clusters apart)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I know this is an old thread. I want to install a transmission temp gauge in my Yukon since I tow cars. I have a 2006 Yukon SLT. Anyone know what I need to do in order to get the transmission temp?

The temp sensor and wiring are already there. They don't include the gauge in the cluster though.

If you get the Escalade cluster conversion, it comes standard with the trans temp gauge along with all of the other upgrades.

That's what I did.

evil_twin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evil_twin<br />
so I know this is an old thread. I want to install a transmission temp gauge in my Yukon since I tow cars. I have a 2006 Yukon SLT. Anyone know what I need to do in order to get the transmission temp?
<br />
<br />
The temp sensor and wiring are already there. They don't include the gauge in the cluster though.<br />
<br />
If you get the Escalade cluster conversion, it comes standard with the trans temp gauge along with all of the other upgrades.<br />
<br />
That's what I did.<br/>

So I wouldnt need to program anything? What year is your truck?

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The temp sensor and wiring are already there. They don't include the gauge in the cluster though.

If you get the Escalade cluster conversion, it comes standard with the trans temp gauge along with all of the other upgrades.

That's what I did.

So I wouldn't need to program anything? What year is your truck?

No. You wouldn't have to program anything. My truck is a 2003 NBS.

02 Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I went the easier route and got a scanguage II which has a ton of features as well as Transmission Fluid Temperature.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 24

evil_twin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I pulled the trigger and added a stepper motor and I have no temp:( do I have to program it?

humblebeast07

Reaction score
So I pulled the trigger and added a stepper motor and I have no temp:( do I have to program it?

I would like to know too...just had my oil pressure stepper motor fail today (pegged out) and im about to order a set of 7 x27 steppers....I have a 2003 yukon

Dan Acosta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but what does it take to "program" the cluster. Has anybody done this other than the online services. I am getting ready to add a gauge to my cluster. It is an 05 so from what I have read it needs to be programmed. I was just wondering if the only solution is to mail it in.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but what does it take to "program" the cluster. Has anybody done this other than the online services. I am getting ready to add a gauge to my cluster. It is an 05 so from what I have read it needs to be programmed. I was just wondering if the only solution is to mail it in.

I found a local CL ad for cluster repair, and called the guy. he told me he could turn it on with their scan tool. I'm assuming it's a tech 2 thing. Maybe @swathdiver can testify...

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It cannot be done with a Tech 2. They have software that can access more in the cluster like being able to change the mileage and VIN in the programming because that cannot be done with a Tech 2 either. The mileage can be set through programming at the dealer but only if the cluster has been cleared by a service center first.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
It cannot be done with a Tech 2. They have software that can access more in the cluster like being able to change the mileage and VIN in the programming because that cannot be done with a Tech 2 either. The mileage can be set through programming at the dealer but only if the cluster has been cleared by a service center first.

So does that mean if they can set mileage, they can program the trans temp gauge on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401