Possible to add transmission temp gauge? (ATTN: Those who've taken clusters apart)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, all of these transmissions have fluid temp sensors. The gauge works in the Denali cluster but didn't work in the stock cluster by just soldering in the stepper motor is what I meant.

If anyone is looking for any cluster parts, I have the following left over: 2500HD 6k tach gauge face/overlay, Denali cluster bezel/lens, and I'll have a set of red needles when I install the extra set of white needles into my Trailblazer.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chip these transmissions have temp sensors inside it. When i bought my truck I took it to my tranny guy and he hooked up his big fancy reader to the truck and we took it for a drive. He checked the shift pattern tranny temp and fluid pressures. All were in spec. So I know these have it built in.

Ahhh! That sure explains a lot. Thank you for that! I've never really had any reason to look into it. Mine started working when I got my gauges converted (which is what I was hoping for).

Yes, all of these transmissions have fluid temp sensors. The gauge works in the Denali cluster but didn't work in the stock cluster by just soldering in the stepper motor is what I meant.

If anyone is looking for any cluster parts, I have the following left over: 2500HD 6k tach gauge face/overlay, Denali cluster bezel/lens, and I'll have a set of red needles when I install the extra set of white needles into my Trailblazer.

Oh yeah, you're way ahead of me on this shit. I kind of feel like an ******* now. LoL!

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, no worries. We're all here to learn.

trublew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there a cluster that can just be swapped in to have the trans temp? i dont want to solder on mine and all that... i know ill still have to take it to have it programmed for the mileage and all but i was just wondering what to look for

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there a cluster that can just be swapped in to have the trans temp? i dont want to solder on mine and all that... i know ill still have to take it to have it programmed for the mileage and all but i was just wondering what to look for

You can use a 2500/3500 cluster, Denali cluster, or an Escalade cluster.

Yukon Joe1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took the 50/50 chance and soldered a stepper motor and a light onto my stock guage for my 04 Yukon cluster. I also got the applique , bezel and needles from an escalade. This was a kit I bought on eBay. It was very simple and only took about 25 minutes to convert. Unfortunately the trans temp gauge does not work. The light works and the gauge needle moves a little when they all initialize when I start the car. Does anyone know what it costs to have the cluster programmed to activate the trans temp gauge? Overall they look great. White faces with red needles and chrome trim on bezel.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it moves a little I would think it would work, mine did not move at all. You'll probably have to send the cluster to that digital dash solutions guy on eBay.

evil_twin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so I know this is an old thread. I want to install a transmission temp gauge in my Yukon since I tow cars. I have a 2006 Yukon SLT. Anyone know what I need to do in order to get the transmission temp?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879