Possible ground issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I work on vehicles at my home. Had a recent American Legion friend of mine that had codes for problems on both banks at the same time. Turned out to have a vacuum leak at the snorkel attachment at the tubing to the throttle body. This happened right after a visit to the dealer for an oil change. He had told them not to touch the air filter for inspection and they did anyway and that is what caused the leak.

OP
OP
D

Double0Redneck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I work on vehicles at my home. Had a recent American Legion friend of mine that had codes for problems on both banks at the same time. Turned out to have a vacuum leak at the snorkel attachment at the tubing to the throttle body. This happened right after a visit to the dealer for an oil change. He had told them not to touch the air filter for inspection and they did anyway and that is what caused the leak.
I'll look into this and see if I can detect a leak

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes my o2 sensors read fine but the code would pop up after a week after reset. First it goes to pending code then when it happens again it gives a CEL light. The o2 sensors should be replaced with the engine. I also replaced the coils which I got at autozone. I got the Duralast standard 8 pack and 8 new injectors that was made by Sorensen which is better than OEM. My fuel trims was all zeros for the long and short after changing the coils, injectors and o2 sensors. Only use OEM sensors.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The coils come with lifetime warranty so every 50k I get new coils for free at autozone.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have great reviews the standards but the premiums have terrible reviews. The standard Duralast is great coils. They are made so well too. Duralast gold is a good brand for upper/lower control arms, coils, rear end links and brake pads. The Duralast pads come with lifetime replacement and the control arms and rear endlinks come with grease fittings and lifetime warranty. I have over 54k on my new Duralast gold rear pads and they still have plenty of life left. No dust or squeaking neither. Better than OEM for sure. I just changed my fronts to Duralast gold 2 months ago and they are awesome. Can’t go wrong with free pads for life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo