Ported Throttle Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throttle pedal sticking??? That's not good. What's the problem?

Turns out there is no problem after all.

I'm happy to report that after putting on ~160kms that the stickyness is gone.. It's acting perfectly normal now. Thanks to the guys who told me to wait.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

So tell me, is it worth it? Can you tell a difference?

Next week, I'll start to watch my Throttle Position Sensor readings to determine if this mod does anything. I have to say, so far I like it!

bass1775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the BBk one years ago and I have been very pleased with it. Anybody that drives my truck can tell a difference from their truck. The throttle response is instantaneous. Lots of pep. That mod and the BB tune was the best money spent. Happy driving!

97GT

Reaction score
Ok so I finally received a response from Jantzer and he said he was out of town. He told me it should be at my house by Monday. Well we will see since I don't have a tracking number even though I kept asking for it. Wish me luck

jantzer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so I finally received a response from Jantzer and he said he was out of town. He told me it should be at my house by Monday. Well we will see since I don't have a tracking number even though I kept asking for it. Wish me luck

97GT

My appologies to you and anyone else that had a delay with shipment or core returns within the last few weeks. I was gone in yellowstone for 12 days and unfortunately ATT sucks there and there is no internet in the park. You ordered just after I left. I do this every year and bought an Iphone to have internet when I'm gone. I even built up inventory before I left so I could make a call and get one shipped out. Anyhow I will find a solution so it doesn't happen again.

I will be up front. I earned a bad wrap for slow shipping and poor communication on ls1tech. This is back in 2002-3 when I started doing this for a living. It was a bumpy road, but I would like to think it's behind me. I'm sure there will always be people that won't do business with me, I have to accept that. But I'm doing everything I can to improve customer satisfaction. I think my ebay feedback supports that.

Anyhow, if anybody has issues or concerns regarding product performance don't hesitate to contact me. I'm more than willing to make sure everybody is happy and keep them up and running.

Regarding the talk about sticky blades: When they ship out the door, they function perfectly and don't stick at all. I think what could be happening is when the motor heats up, the thermal expansion could be enough to make it contact and hang up a little. But as mentioned, it should go away. Another thing you can try is adjusting the idle set screw. I try to back it all the way down to just before where the blade will start sticking. So as you open the throttle up more (clockwise on the screw), you'll gain clearance around the blade.

OP
OP
destroyer1362

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
Heres my theory on the sticking; I think the vacuum the motor generates behind the throttle blade is causing it to flex slightly, and that flex is making is stick. It wants to stick when the truck is running regardless of how long it had been running, or how hot it is. Once I kill the motor there is no sticking at all. I rather have it stick closed than open any day. My sticking issues have been gone for a while.

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
97GT

Another thing you can try is adjusting the idle set screw. I try to back it all the way down to just before where the blade will start sticking. So as you open the throttle up more (clockwise on the screw), you'll gain clearance around the blade.

This fixed mine a few months ago, only turned it maybe an 1/8th turn, it was sticking after sitting overnight but would only do it the 1st time you mashed the gas. I bought one in April or May of '09 and recieved it within 3 days. Glad to see your back on track with customer service

97GT

Reaction score
97GT

My appologies to you and anyone else that had a delay with shipment or core returns within the last few weeks. I was gone in yellowstone for 12 days and unfortunately ATT sucks there and there is no internet in the park. You ordered just after I left. I do this every year and bought an Iphone to have internet when I'm gone. I even built up inventory before I left so I could make a call and get one shipped out. Anyhow I will find a solution so it doesn't happen again.

I will be up front. I earned a bad wrap for slow shipping and poor communication on ls1tech. This is back in 2002-3 when I started doing this for a living. It was a bumpy road, but I would like to think it's behind me. I'm sure there will always be people that won't do business with me, I have to accept that. But I'm doing everything I can to improve customer satisfaction. I think my ebay feedback supports that.

Anyhow, if anybody has issues or concerns regarding product performance don't hesitate to contact me. I'm more than willing to make sure everybody is happy and keep them up and running.

Regarding the talk about sticky blades: When they ship out the door, they function perfectly and don't stick at all. I think what could be happening is when the motor heats up, the thermal expansion could be enough to make it contact and hang up a little. But as mentioned, it should go away. Another thing you can try is adjusting the idle set screw. I try to back it all the way down to just before where the blade will start sticking. So as you open the throttle up more (clockwise on the screw), you'll gain clearance around the blade.

Hey I understand if you have plans or are busy. Just would have been nice if there was better communication. Thanks for the apology though. Anyways I am going to install and test the TB you sent me. Now you mentioned it was slightly different than the ones you provide. That the back of the throttle body was slightly larger than the intake manifold and I might have to modify the opening bigger. I really like the look of it so hopefully it just bolts on. I will post pics of the before and after.

97GT

Reaction score
Quick question before i install. I have a poweraid riser will that be an issue for the ported TB? and do i need a new gasket?

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed my Jantzer ported throttle body. So far so good! I notice a lot more pickup when im at a dead stop and accelerate even a slight bit, and that's with these heavy ass 26s on. Hopefully it helps with my mpg just a little cause im really hurting in that department. Overall, I think it's worth the money.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
has anyone measured the actual mpg improvement or lack thereof? (no guesses pls)

Also, the bump for improved acceleration...why would this ported TB improve acceleration? Does it improve midrange? I have a BB tune, would it need to be re-tuned?

(I'm a newb, still learning)

Thanks guys!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn