Ported Throttle Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoondueces

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would anybody be interested in doing a write up on how to install this ported throttle body? Id like to get it. But I'm not going to pay someone labor to put it in.

OP
OP
destroyer1362

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
Its pretty simple. Unscrew the plastic wing-nut on the firewall side of the stock throttle body. Lift the plastic box that says Vortec up and towards the front of the truck. Once that is out of the way unplug the throttle position sensor and some other sensor from the tb. Then disconnect the throttle cable(s). There will be three posts holding the tb in. Get a deep socket and pull them out. The stock tb should come out then. Then just put the sensors and the plastic clip for the old tb on the new one. Theres a plastic clip that holds the cruz cable. Then just put everything back together in the order you took it apart. Simle as that :)

hoondueces

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Thank you :) I wasn't sure of the difficulty insuing. I'm ordering mine now

97GT

Reaction score
Hey guys I ordered my janzer TB over two and a half weeks ago and I have nit received it yet. Nor have I received a shipping notification. How long should it take from ur experience. And what should I do. I paid the MFer

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YAY! I got mine this morning! It took 2.5 weeks after paying him to recieve it, and I'm in Canada.

<GRUMBLE>
Shit takes longer to get here from the US than France or HongKong.
</GRUMBLE>

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its pretty simple. Unscrew the plastic wing-nut on the firewall side of the stock throttle body. Lift the plastic box that says Vortec up and towards the front of the truck. Once that is out of the way unplug the throttle position sensor and some other sensor from the tb. Then disconnect the throttle cable(s). There will be three posts holding the tb in. Get a deep socket and pull them out. The stock tb should come out then. Then just put the sensors and the plastic clip for the old tb on the new one. Theres a plastic clip that holds the cruz cable. Then just put everything back together in the order you took it apart. Simle as that :)

Cool! This worked! I printed these instructions, and followed them. Start to finish took me 30 minutes, including getting the tools, and cleanup.

The only thing I would like to add that's missing from these instructions is the 10mm bolt holding on the throttle linkage braket. That has to be removed as well. The two front deep socket bolts are 8mm, and the rear bolt is 6mm. I didn't notice the size of the torx screwdriver I used to move over the two sensors.

It kind of worried me that the stock butterfly has a hole in it, and the new butterfly didn't, but the truck started ok, and it idles just fine so ''Cest La Vie".

I'm really not liking the throttle pedal sticking though.

97GT

Reaction score
K check this. I got an email from the USPS. Saying they should be receiving a package to deliver to me as of Aug 10. Well I keep checking the tracking number and they still don't have it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10