PLEASE HELP Power Folding mirrors 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D.Watt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I want to upgrade to power folding mirrors on my 2010 LT. The guy at the dealer said it is not possible. He told me to check the forums because you all have more knowledge of the vehicle work arounds than him. Can somebody PLEASE help me with this. Any info is greatly appreciated.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything is possible ... some things' price to benefit ratio just defies them.

Door switches, door switch trim, door module for starters ... might (i'm not sure) need a new harness and reprogramming. All that in addition to purchasing power-folding mirrors.

Usually somewhere through the investigating process one rediscovers the usefulness of their hand's ability to fold mirrors. :)

If you've ever read a thread on how someone has tried to retrofit oem power assist steps into a vehicle that doesn't have them from factory you'd know what I mean.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Oh and welcome aboard. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

D.Watt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
good point

I will do some investigating and hopefully get the help need. This is something I am willing to slightly overpay for(medical reasons). Thanks for the welcome.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is 100% possible. You just need new master switch control panel and the mirrors. Afterwards you need someone (ex: GM Tech) to re-program it accordingly.

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
This is 100% possible. You just need new master switch control panel and the mirrors. Afterwards you need someone (ex: GM Tech) to re-program it accordingly.

I agree with Felix. New master switch for drivers door, master switch bezel, and mirrors, then take to dealer and have tech do the reprogramming.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

These guys are right...I upgraded to power fold mirrors about 4 months ago. The cost was mirrors(new from individual): $250, drivers side door switch: $100, dealer programming: $100

You can do the install easily...there is a write-up on this floating around somewhere on this forum.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Here ya go...

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30772

It shows door panel and door handle removal as well, just ignore those and look at the few steps for the mirrors

OP
OP
D

D.Watt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks

Thanks for all the replies!! I was kinda skeptical with the answer at the dealership. He told me they stop wiring for these mirrors on trims that did not com with the option starting in 2010. I appreciate all the help, you guys wouldn't happen to know the part numbers for these do you??? if not I can probably find them online. Thanks again for all the replies you guys don't know how much this helps.

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
Just search eBay for tahoe power folding mirrors or something like that, there are tons of mirrors on there. You may even look into the esky mirrors if your going to have some chrome on your vehicle.

Sent from your boss's iPhone using Tapatalk