Please help! Electrical Short?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05denali702

Reaction score
Not sure what problem is but I have a 2007 denali and after a rainy day about 3 days ago it kinda almost stalled and said engine power reduced and a engine light came on code p2101 had to put home, so after a while it stared and ran fine so I took to shop and the reset code, since then my remote start works on and off now and when it doesn't and I try to start with key it just clicks like dead battery, then after couple minutes... Starts right up and is fine.. Amy help or suggestions would be much appreciated

EMF Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what problem is but I have a 2007 denali and after a rainy day about 3 days ago it kinda almost stalled and said engine power reduced and a engine light came on code p2101 had to put home, so after a while it stared and ran fine so I took to shop and the reset code, since then my remote start works on and off now and when it doesn't and I try to start with key it just clicks like dead battery, then after couple minutes... Starts right up and is fine.. Amy help or suggestions would be much appreciated

My dad had a similar problem in his Canyon, ended up being a mouse that had made a nest inside the air box. Took the nest out, problem solved, it was blocking air flow.

Other thought, have you checked the battery terminals for corrosion? Physically remove them to check, it may not be visible on top.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score

05denali702,

There are a few possible causes for the code you have provided.

- Faulty Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module
- Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module circuit poor electrical connection

I recommend having the vehicle inspected by a certified technician for an official diagnosis. If you need assistance locating a technician near you, please PM me your zip code for a listing.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JIMEMAC33