Pitman Arm Shaft Seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya, Maybe use a heat gun to reform what you have and a plastic welder(soldering iron) gently if it has any rips? Since the shaft is traversing back and forth the rtv may stick to it as it cures and could possibly cause more damage by tearing OR maybe it’ll break free and work as you want. I haven’t used rtv on moving parts so I can’t say for sure.

Maybe find one in a u-pull. That’s grommet/dustcover they’d prolly just let you have.

I don't think there's any tears, just the top of the seal closest to the pitman arm is messed up. So you think the seal rotates with the shaft? I'll have to test that. If I was going to use a sealer I would put it in the outside groove of the seal just so you know.

ezstriper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats just a dust cover, the seals are further in held in by snap ring, if you damaged them you would know quick as you would have P/S leak as good bit of pressure

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats just a dust cover, the seals are further in held in by snap ring, if you damaged them you would know quick as you would have P/S leak as good bit of pressure

Thanks for the info, now I'll sleep a little better at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick