Pirelli AS plus 3 vs Michelin Defenders LTX M/S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost anything is better than a Bridgestone. I had the Dueler Alenza on my 08 for exactly 24 hours to see if I liked some used wheels I bought, and I literally thought the truck was going to roll over when I hit the interstate on ramp like I do every day on my Michelins. Absolute trash. They ride like crap, too. The Michelin is still the best (the new Defender LTX 2 is even better) but the Continental TerrainContact H/T or even the Pirellis (and I do not like Pirelli) would be a big upgrade over the stock Bridgestones.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm within a few months of getting rid of these terrible Alenza's and still on the fence about Defenders or AS plus 3's. But either one would be a big improvement!

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm within a few months of getting rid of these terrible Alenza's and still on the fence about Defenders or AS plus 3's. But either one would be a big improvement!

Defender LTX M/S2 if it's available in your size.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m kinda leaning toward the AS plus 3’s. I’m getting the 22” black OEM wheels put on my XL SLT…. Concerned the Defenders will ruin the look.

I also hear the Defenders can hurt fuel economy a bit… and also that the Pirelli AS plus 3’s ride great, they are quiet, and handle well. They’re also like $100 cheaper per tire (in Canada anyway).

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m kinda leaning toward the AS plus 3’s. I’m getting the 22” black OEM wheels put on my XL SLT…. Concerned the Defenders will ruin the look.

I also hear the Defenders can hurt fuel economy a bit… and also that the Pirelli AS plus 3’s ride great, they are quiet, and handle well. They’re also like $100 cheaper per tire (in Canada anyway).
Can't say I've ever bought a black sidewall tire for the "look". Not like the stock Bridgestones are hot looking or anything.
What is wrong w/ the Defender "look?" (Not being critical of your thoughts, just curious why you have look concerns?)

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The new Defender looks very different from the old one.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't say I've ever bought a black sidewall tire for the "look". Not like the stock Bridgestones are hot looking or anything.
What is wrong w/ the Defender "look?" (Not being critical of your thoughts, just curious why you have look concerns?)
No all good. I was actually rocking the Defenders on my 4Runner Limited that I just traded in for the Yukon.

I’ve just seen some comments that the defenders look a bit truck like and maybe don’t suit the 22” wheel look. Having said that, I still haven’t been able to get a picture of what the defenders look like on the Yukon on 22” wheels or even the 20’s.

I think they’re an awesome tire overall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullyfiberchick

Latest posts