--- Photos: SPOTTER'S THREAD (post up all years/models) ---

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I see them I think of 75 year old woman headed to buy her Mary Kay and hit up the bingo hall.

kaoticx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lol.
It's purely an investment. Limited production model in mint condition with only 15000 miles on it. Gets driven every now in then just to keep everything lubricated.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But what is the retail return on it. You would have been better off buying a GT500 and parking it for 3 months and then selling it. Neighbor did that and made 15k he made 3 payments and pocketed 15 large. He put 250 miles on it.

His dad owned a ford GT for 3 years. It was sold at Barret Jackson for a 110k profit and he never registered it.

So many better cars to invest in. That appeal to far more people. Maybe it is me. But I lol at the Tbird as you saying I should invest in a PT Cruiser because it is a remake of old school and is going to gain value. Nope not that model. Way too many produced to gain any real value.

kaoticx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
But what is the retail return on it. You would have been better off buying a GT500 and parking it for 3 months and then selling it. Neighbor did that and made 15k he made 3 payments and pocketed 15 large. He put 250 miles on it.

His dad owned a ford GT for 3 years. It was sold at Barret Jackson for a 110k profit and he never registered it.

So many better cars to invest in. That appeal to far more people. Maybe it is me. But I lol at the Tbird as you saying I should invest in a PT Cruiser because it is a remake of old school and is going to gain value. Nope not that model. Way too many produced to gain any real value.
I hear you. To each his own. It's not a car I would drive around, I'll give you that. It had a production life of what, 3 years? It has its audience though. Finding classics in this area of the country that are original everything is next to impossible to achieve. And we all know the more original the better. Should make for a nice retirement trip when the time is right. Or, if my kids have the right mentality at the time I'll leave it for them to hold on to till the time is right for them to make use of it. It's paid for, and as of now the blue book is $18,000.

raviel119

Reaction score
Comparing the Thunderbird to a PT Cruiser is a little much...
I would have to agree. I would say the T-bird is a better comparison to the Plymouth Prowler. Alot of people review each with pretty much the same points. Underpowered. Both would have benefited with a V-8. But just like the Prowler, the Bird was a niche product. Ford didn't make it for the young.
The Studebaker Avanti is another example if a niche car and they are collectable.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That thing has never looked good. The front end looks like a block of BRICK

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled up next to this at the Race Trac... mucho suspension failure here.
a9fc038d3288a41cf04f2da059b0163a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian

Latest posts