--- Photos: SPOTTER'S THREAD (post up all years/models) ---

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See that tall building with the ugly latticework? I worked in that building for years. There used to be a twin across the street where the CVS is now that we worked out of before that. Small world. That Camry must be fast btw! LOL

That other building behind the old Mercedes also looks familiar but I cannot place it.

Funny you mentioned Mai Kai. I live very close to that place. Always busy. Solid Gold has been ripped down and is now a Bahama Breeze. Pure Platinum is shut down and soon to be demo'd. Gentrifying the old US1 and Oakland strips if you haven't been down this way in a while.

That building by the old convertible Mercedes is in the car park of Bahia Mar.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you mentioned Mai Kai. I live very close to that place. Always busy. Solid Gold has been ripped down and is now a Bahama Breeze. Pure Platinum is shut down and soon to be demo'd. Gentrifying the old US1 and Oakland strips if you haven't been down this way in a while.

That building by the old convertible Mercedes is in the car park of Bahia Mar.

That's good. One of my uncle's did the lighting and sound for PP way back when. I practically grew up on the beach down there. The Swimming Hall of Fame looks completely different, the US Navy taught me to swim there. Also got my USCG Safe Boating card as a kid at the power station that is/was nearby. My first Deep-Sea fishing trip was on one of those cattle boats next door to the Bahia Mar when I was a boy too. Same place as the Jungle Queen. Went twice with my grandmother, once as a boy and again shortly before she went home to be with the Lord.

When I see photos of your trucks, the homes in the background are familiar, my grandparents lived on 19th behind the Mai-Kai for about twenty years.

Will definitely have to cruise down there again and reminisce. No more Burt and Jacks or Le Dome and The Golden Spike is gone.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mechanic buddy’s 05 Tahoe LT.

Rough in and out but mechanically sound of course.

CD759704-4745-49E8-9E7B-F7F681D8274F.jpeg 34920BC1-F112-482E-A8EF-6AC3F3350753.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcruz71