Parasitic Drain "RADIO" and "SEO 1" Fuses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have parasitic drain on both of these circuits. The electrical system has 1.4A of parasitic drain when sitting in the driveway.

0.8A is because of the "RADIO", and 0.5A is because of "SEO 1". By pulling both of those fuses, I'm down to 0.1A of parasitic drain. I recently installed a HU, pulled my door panels and stock speakers, and even when my key isn't in the ignition, my car thinks it is and keeps the ignition accessories on, the doors chime like the ignition is in, even when the key isn't. As a result, it keeps the HU and SIC (the computer that tracks your trips, average MPG, etc...) on indefinitely.

Before I pulled the doors, it didn't have that problem. It cycled properly and turned off the HU and SIC once I opened the doors. Now with the stock speakers and doors pulled, the ignition stays on, and kills the battery.

Any ideas?

JonTouma

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the Same drain on SEO1, and my total drain is 1.5 it drops to .6 when I pull that fuse. I think I have check every other fuse in the car and the only place I can get a drain from is SEO 1. I have to drive my 2001 Tahoe everyday!!! The only after market I have on it is an electric brake sending unit. Whats the HU? I basically have to disconnect the battery if Im not driving it every day. I have called and asked the Dealership and they just ask me to bring it in.

BeaverGod

Reaction score
depending on which vehicle you have:
this is because the radio is controlled by a data bus connection. in leymans terms it means the cars computer turns the radio off and on not a selectable constant 12v power source with a remote turn on like other makes of cars.

to solve the problem PAC audio makes an interface that is 100 bucks at a shop and about 50 on ebay. youll have to go to the PAC audio website to see which interface you need, depending on whether or not you have onstar.
it fixes the door chime too.

the cheap way around this fix is to tap a fuse in the fuse box to something that turns on and off with the car while runnning/ not running and use that as your power lead to the radio. this can get tricky depending on the experience you have or dont have with wiring as there is a right way and very wrong way to do this.

this is a common problem with gm models

OP
OP
A

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has fixed itself. Now parasitic drain is down to 0.1A to 0.3A.

I just got done with my install and I still have door chimes, so I don't have any desire to buy that interface because I'm not using any of the Bose stuff, all aftermarket and wired independently of the factory audio equipment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n