Paint vs Vinyl Wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClassicJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wanna make my white burban flat/matte black...I was hoping to get some input on painting vs vinyl wrapping. Price,time to complete, maintenance, durability, etc... Thanks

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
huge article in last months trucking, Paint vs Wrap...says wrap nowdays can look just like paint...faster in and out fo the shop, for about half the cost.

Article, these guys are 60 miles from me, this Tahoe was here at my work...very clean install!

http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/1105tr_flxpaint_vinyl_coating/wrap.html

1105tr_24+2008_chevy_tahoe_flx_vinyl+after.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've often thought about going with a wrap.... The cool thing is that it's completely reverseable with no damage to the finish it goes on :waytogo:

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
most of the wrapped trucks/cars ive seen, the vinyl looks like crap since it cracks and peels after a few years.
Not sure if they have anything new out where itll hold against the elements better..

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
most of the wrapped trucks/cars ive seen, the vinyl looks like crap since it cracks and peels after a few years.
Not sure if they have anything new out where itll hold against the elements better..

I saw this Tahoe above up close, looked AMAZING!

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
really? well i guess if the right people and right materials get ahold of a car/truck then it should turn out to be pretty sick. I personally would never do it, but thats me :)

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
I would do it but my color is finally growing on me.

I would love a black hoe though..or white...or blue...Lololol (this is my problem)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
I would do it but my color is finally growing on me.

I would love a black hoe though..or white...or blue...Lololol (this is my problem)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

then you NEED wrap, Shit maybe the wrap place could 5 different layers/colors on it for you..

Bank robbery, tear off a new color
getting away from a cop on hot pursuit, tear off a new color. youd be set! lol

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup, it really looked like paint...you buff it like paint...amazing really. If my truck was a solid color, I'd let them do a second upper, or lower to change it up...