Paint matched the front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on the paint matched grill.

05Single - What's up with the oven cleaner now?

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave - do you mind specifying the process in more detail?

Interested in the process you used to split the housings open, how you applied/used the cleaner, and your process of sealing the housing back up with an adhesive. Want to do it right the first time around..

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score

Interested in the process you used to split the housings open, how you applied/used the cleaner, and your process of sealing the housing back up with an adhesive. Want to do it right the first time around..
Bake the light at 205-220 for 3-5 minutes at a time to soften the sealant. Set them on a piece of plywood , not directly on the rack. Work a little at a time throwing them back in the oven to heat them up again. Wedging a butter knife or something alike along the edge only a few inches at a time then put them . Be patient, aftermarket headlight crack easy, oem are pretty solid, but take your time. My first set of lights I spent 45 minutes on each light.

Pm'ed

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly the response I hoped for. Thanks for the detail Dave. I'll be trying this with 2 sets and taking photo when I get to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn