Paint match my handles+ Mirror Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
Looking for somebody to paint match my new handles and mirror covers. My tahoe is silver birch metallic. Anyone who is a part time painter or can give me a good deal thad be awesome.

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for somebody to paint match my new handles and mirror covers. My tahoe is silver birch metallic. Anyone who is a part time painter or can give me a good deal thad be awesome.

You can do it yourself. http://www.automotivetouchup.com/ , They'll put your factory paint in a rattle can if you don't have a paint gun. I ordered some paint from them and painted my lower valence and my Esky caps. I used a paint gun and compressor, but it's the same.

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would I wet sand the handles and mirrors before? What grit? 1k?

Are they textured?

You can sand out the texture, if they are. Then clean em real good and hit them with primer. Wetsand it till its smooth. Clean again, then paint and clearcoat.

Don't know if you seen my thread, http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9019, but here's what I painted. First thing I tried was my emblem. Since I did alright with that, I decided to do the rest after I purchased the rack from Chistoso.

OP
OP
Excon11

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
No there smooth, there off an LT but there blue. So would I sand them still and primer and paint right?

OP
OP
Excon11

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
So I went to a couple body shops around my school to get quotes and found a body shop that will paint them 4 handles and 2 mirror covers my color and put them on for me for 100$. Weird because I went around and got a quote from a body shop for over 500$..... :happy175:. So i'm debating on doing it myself or going the professional route. I wanna do it myself, I like doing everything to my car by myself but don't wanna mess up and ruin my handles. Is it worth paying more for a shop? Also, Since there smooth do I still wetsand with 600 than primer than paint? Any feedback/ideas would be great! :Handshake:

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
clean
sand with 80, 180, then 320
clean
primer
wet sand with 320
clean
primer
base
clear

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
probably be a good idea.. you could just scuff and paint but if any part ever chipped the blue would show through it is just a better idea to sand completely down and prime and paint. that way you only have to do it once.

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably be a good idea.. you could just scuff and paint but if any part ever chipped the blue would show through it is just a better idea to sand completely down and prime and paint. that way you only have to do it once.

Twas what I was going to say. When I got my esky rack from chistoso, I sanded it down to the plastic pretty much. There were a couple spots that had just a little paint, but I took most of the paint off before priming it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts