Overheated maybe water pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blh1960

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to forum. I have had my Yukon about a month. Had a few issues I new about. Abs which I think is solder joints in the be EBCM, oil leak, and a/c issues. This morning on my commute to work my coolant light illuminated. A immediate scan of my gauge revealed climbing temps. Pulled off the road and notice steam coming from the hood. Since I am a AAA member I called. Because it was dark and the flashlight I had sucked I could not pinpoint the source. As it cooled off a little it look like it was coming from the WP area. Could somebody chime in on the best way to approach this problem? I had it towed to my home. I am mechanically inclined and plan to do the work. I have solved my a/c problem. The oil leak is probably partially valve covers as I can smell it on the exhaust manifold. The vehicle is in excellent condition except high mileage. Thanks
Blh1960

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Dry it off, fill it up with distilled water, and run that bad boy to find the leak.

OP
OP
B

Blh1960

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That is the plan. I called in at work. It has been raining all morning. My day just started crappy. Maybe it is a simple issue. Thx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arthurrodriguez77

Latest posts