Outside temperature (indicated) will not change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthernAZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a used 2015 Yukon XL SLT. Love the vehicle, one problem that we've run into - It's springtime in Arizona, that means it can be 35 degrees at 6 am and 70 degrees at 10am with warm sun.

GM for some reason decided to program the outside temperature sensor to not change unless you drive a certain speed for a certain distance/time. So when I drive somewhere slow, in town, early in the morning, it's 35 degrees, the auto climate control turns on the heat. I park, and a few hours later it's warm outside, the sun is shining bright and it heats up the inside. I use the remote start with the thought it will turn on the A/C and cool off the interior - WRONG! I get in the vehicle the outside temperature gauge reads 35 degrees still, causing the climate control to not cool off the interior. The only way I can get it to actually cool the interior is to turn it on "LO". The rest of the way home through town, stop and go traffic for over 10 minutes, the gauge still never changes. Basically you just have to play with the fan to regulate the temp inside the vehicle. Is this a first world problem? Yes. Highly annoying in a vehicle that costs this much? Hell yes!

All this being said, in the 2010ish-2014 GMs, you could hold down the recirculate and A/C buttons for a 5-10 seconds and it would make the temperature read what the sensor was picking up and the climate control would act accordingly. My Yukon will not do that, does anyone know something that will work?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700