out of gas help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay a few days ago i got a check service engine soon light come on in my 02 but im about to have my oil changed new water pump and shocks installed next week so i figured id just wait to then to find out what the code is but then i was driving down the highway yesterday and it showed i had a 1/4 tank left and then put put put blahh no start crawled under it real quick tapped the tank bone dry and plus i put like 25 bucks in it after roadside ass. gave me gas and that put me at a half tank and i drove around almost 90 miles and it still on 1/2 tank so its safe to say the guage is messed up and would a faulty guage like that cause the code and how do i fix it replace that whole inst. cluster?

i also recently installed 5 channel amp subs and all that now would the extra load cause stuff on the instrument panel to go haywire like that

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
If it's a problem with the gauge, then it would most likely be the stepper motor in it going bad and can be fixed. I had a similar problem with my speedometer reading 30mph when I was going about 70. Ended up replacing the whole cluster with a nicer one though..

ajaxnxs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have the guages and sending unit/fuel pump checked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali