Opinions on 01 Denali "Lift"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdgros01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking into ordering 3" keys and am trying to decide on what size rear spacer I should go with. I see 1.5 is common on yukon/tahoe's on z71 springs.

On the Denali with still having the autoride and the oem springs in it should I go 1.5 or 2 inch?

Is there an advantage on one over the other with autoride?

I want to do a true lift once I get another daily driver, and the denali becomes a weekend toy but at the same time would like to get rid of the rake and have it look a little more not run of the mill like all the soccer moms have in my area.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well depending on if you are planning to use shock renovators or not. The auto ride only has so much stretch in the stock units.

If you ditch the auto ride ******** they you have a lot less problem areas.

OP
OP
S

sdgros01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know Arnott sells the coil conversion kit with the bypass module. Or is there a better diy alternative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

sdgros01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do the Denali's have the same rear springs as the Z71 package?

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
Not exactly sure on the z71 springs for your denali, but I found the z71 springs + 1.5" spacers to give me way too much lift in the back, looked goofy. You could probably crank out the front to make up for it, but might sacrifice your ride quality. In the end I just opted for the z71 springs and mine is nice and level now.

OP
OP
S

sdgros01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So theoretically I should be set putting 5100 around all 4 with resistors and then 3" keys and 1.5 coil spacer

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not exactly sure on the z71 springs for your denali, but I found the z71 springs + 1.5" spacers to give me way too much lift in the back, looked goofy. You could probably crank out the front to make up for it, but might sacrifice your ride quality. In the end I just opted for the z71 springs and mine is nice and level now.

IDK man, I went with Z71's and 1.5" spacer and about 2.5" cranked on my 3" keys. Super level, better than factory ride (Thanks to the Bilsteins). Worked out really well for me.

hoss08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the Denali's have the same rear springs as the Z71 package?

No they do not have the same springs. The Denali's autoride shocks carry some of the weight of the truck, because the shock is holding that weight GM used weaker coils. That's why when you see a vehicle with broken rear air shocks its practically dragging the rear bumper, the coils were not designed to carry that amount of weight on their own. The Z coils are stronger coils and were intended to be used with out the help of air shocks. The Z coils will however "bolt" right up on your truck, considering you go with the best route and go with a static setup. As for the resistors, if I were you I'd just have a willing mechanic with a tech2 remove the RPO codes, it would only take him a minute. Your even better option, get a tune and have the tuner tune out the RPO codes.

OP
OP
S

sdgros01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For z71 coils are MOOG acceptable?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member