OnStar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JonnyTahoe

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2001 is like that in the dash. It used to have Onstar service, but years ago, around 2009 or so, when they switched to the digital system or something, mine wasn't able to be upgraded, so it doesn't work.
Does the little Green light still light up ?

Reaction score
Does the little Green light still light up ?
When vehicle is on, the green light is lit (very dim). When I press the Onstar button an automated lady's voice speaks basically saying the service is unavailabe and gives a phone number to call for more info

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

OP
OP
JonnyTahoe

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When vehicle is on, the green light is lit (very dim). When I press the Onstar button an automated lady's voice speaks basically saying the service is unavailabe and gives a phone number to call for more info

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18
Thanks Tom for the info. I get no light and no message and have pressed all the buttons. I will take a look under the dash and in the fuse compartment I have seen other guys interior pics on here and the green lights are on.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somewhere, I read you can use the physical OnStarr equipment which is factory installed, but bypass the monthly fees and still use your cell phone on it.... By using an aftermarket box - detach the OnStar box & install the aftermarket box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuckchill