Old Guy with Trouble Getting into New 2017 Tahoe Premier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robsan1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't have any experience lowering the vehicle, I am sure others will chime in on that.

In your tahoe, did you set your seat to lower when you enter and exit the vehicle? Would that help?

Do you have running boards? if so are they the fixed? or the retactable?

Also is the step to the running boards the issue or from the running boards to inside of the tahoe?
i have 2010 yukon lowered f/b 2"4" find it great iam old guy like you only thing gotta b careful in and out of drive ways

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do your seats have an "exit" memory setting? Mine's an '08 and I can set two different seat position recalls as well as a third that's for entering/exiting. When I turn off the car and remove the key, the seat will go to this setting (If I had it set and activated, which I don't). The idea is to set the seat to the easiest position for you to get in and out- something like it's lowest and farthest back position, for example. If this still won't work, take it to Ekstensive Metal Works in Dallas to get 'bagged. https://www.ekstensive.com/

OP
OP
Guardian

Guardian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've actually figured out how to set the "Easy Exit/Entry" feature and that seems to work pretty well. I have the seat drop down as far as possible and can get my butt up and in the seat much easier. Then, when starting the truck, the seat raises back up to where it's supposed to be. Nice!

First time I tried this, I did not know I could actually set my own settings for this feature. Again, amazing new tech on my new 2017 Tahoe Premier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Contend997

Reaction score
Airbags do wonders in situations like this. You still get the Smooth ride but you are able to raise and lower the truck to the height you prefer. Depending on the air bag size. They can be pretty pricey but you pay the money for the bells and whistles you can have it auto down when in park. And up when you are in drive or hit the parking break or just switches depends on money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy