Oil pressure on 07 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok.. I guess, anyways ill make sure and let GM know that their dead wrong on their oil pressure specifications for you. Im sure they will appreciate the advice and correct there service information manuals. Thanks man who knows how many engines out now could be in danger of blowing up for run 20 psi oil pressure. Im sure they will be sending you a lettet of gratitude

HoS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the pump connected directly to the motor? So, rpm changes the speed of the pump? It seems to reason that an idle engine doesn't need 40psi of oil...

I would be more worried about the quality of oil, not if it keeps on constant pressure from idle to full demand.

OP
OP
Mussin

Mussin

Reaction score
Got the oil changed today and it still drops down a bit at idle but just like 5-7 psi. Stays right around 35-40. Driving it stays right about 40-50. I guess it was just time for an oil change.

Jeremy

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a awesome thread!!! There is oil information & horse masks that may or may not of been used. LMAO!!!

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I do agree that GM does some silly crap...like flushing the transmissions they say not to...I still say the PSI is fine. There is also a such thing as too much pressure. I wonder if your gauge hitting 60 is accurate. It most cases that would be near to causing issues like popping a gasket.

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to scare ppl. just make you guys aware that 20psi is bad.
When I got this 06 5.3 silvy it was low just like everyones here.

I immediately changed to a cheap PF48 and castor oil 10-30 NON syntec.
Also dumped in a full can of seafoam and drove it for a week, nice and easy.
Then changed filter and drove it for 3 more days getting in it pretty good.
Finally drained it all out and the crap that came out was :Nonono:.
(Alil trick, while draining oil. once it gets to a trickle. Dump in 2 quarts of cheap castor oil as fast as you can and watch the plop plop come out of that pan, if it was as bad as mine.)

That is scary.

My one experience like yours was with a 78 Buick. The difference was I ended up pulling the pan and installing a new oil pump afterward as that mess that came out also clogged my oil pickup and resulted in low oil pressure a week after the oil treatment/flush.

Turned out the lady before me severely overheated the engine. The cooked oil coated everything inside the block and was actually flaking off, probably due to the flush I was doing to the motor. Over the next two years the oil pressure dropped off again until the engine was ruined. I'm assuming the oil pump pickup was again clogged up.

Id defiantly be scared if I saw sludge or clumping of the oil draining out of the pan.

Alexander

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oil pressure on 07 Tahoe

If it were me Id bump the idle up a little bit just so pressure isnt at zero until you can figure it out.

You know if the oil pressure relief valve was ported? Maybe ported too much?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo