Oil pan gasket and Motor mount time!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ford141

ford141

Reaction score
Thanks. Just had so many people say I need to do that, wanted to make sure.

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
donjetman,

How did you clean the oil pan so clean?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Just had so many people say I need to do that, wanted to make sure.

One of those was me because I missed the detail that it was an '08 Denali with the inactive AFM. Or maybe no AFM parts at all? I can't keep track. Anyway, regardless if your motor doesn't have the AFM components or it has them and AFM isn't enabled in the programming, the deflector isn't needed.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
donjetman,

How did you clean the oil pan so clean?

Use your fovorite harsh chemical, mine is O'Reillys brake clean, then I put it in my HF media blast cabinet and let it have it with aluminum oxide media, then rinse good.

What if your wrong about the deflector. It cost $7. I put one on when I did mine, just in case.

OP
OP
ford141

ford141

Reaction score
What if your wrong about the deflector. It cost $7. I put one on when I did mine, just in case.

I'm planning to do this work this Saturday, I don't think I can get a deflector here in time. I already have motor mounts and pan gasket waiting, and the oil pickup o-ring will be delivered tomorrow. Also changing front diff fluid while I'm at it. If the AFM isn't active, it shouldn't need a deflector, right?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to do this work this Saturday, I don't think I can get a deflector here in time. I already have motor mounts and pan gasket waiting, and the oil pickup o-ring will be delivered tomorrow. Also changing front diff fluid while I'm at it. If the AFM isn't active, it shouldn't need a deflector, right?

If AFM isn't active, then there's no pressure relief valve opening so there's no sudden pressurized spray of oil to deflect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amada