Oil cooler line bolt or part #?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdbull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing my oil pan gasket yesterday and ran into a snag. When attaching the oil cooler lines back to the pan, I managed to shear off one of the bolts. I was able to remove the broken bolt, but now I need to find a replacement and can't figure out a part number or size to look for. It's one of the two bolts that secures it to the pan above the oil filter.

I believe the part number for the whole assembly is 20828695. I've seen two sizes mentioned in various comments on sites: M6x1x25 and M6x1x35, but from measuring, it seems it's closer to 45mm

Does anyone know what size or part number the bolt is?

PXL_20211128_164055284.jpg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bolts should be measured from the contact surface to the end of the bolt, not including the head. And in this case, the last 5 or 6 mm of thread doesn't exist due to it having the smaller tip for guiding into a hole. Measure from under the shoulder (washer) to the end of the real threads, and to the end of the whole tip. I'd say it's the 35mm.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replacing my oil pan gasket yesterday and ran into a snag. When attaching the oil cooler lines back to the pan, I managed to shear off one of the bolts. I was able to remove the broken bolt, but now I need to find a replacement and can't figure out a part number or size to look for. It's one of the two bolts that secures it to the pan above the oil filter.

I believe the part number for the whole assembly is 20828695. I've seen two sizes mentioned in various comments on sites: M6x1x25 and M6x1x35, but from measuring, it seems it's closer to 45mm

Does anyone know what size or part number the bolt is?

View attachment 356577
Also, go easy on the torque for these. I prefer either the Dorman or OEM gasket over the Fel-Pro. I found that the Fel-Pro design requires more clamping pressure to seal than the specified torque value for the bolts allowed, causing me to strip one of them on mine. Getting a Heli-coil in there with the pan still in place on the engine was an exercise in anger management. The OEM-style gasket design, which Dorman also uses, seals better in my experience.

To get the correct bolts, I bought a new hose assembly which came with them. It's the only way I know to get the precise bolt. Also, if you send me your address in a PM and have a few days to spare, I'm happy to send you one of my spares.

OP
OP
B

bdbull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, go easy on the torque for these.
Hahaha, I found that one out the hard way.

I ended up getting some M6x1x40 bolts from the parts store that seem to work fine. If things change, I'll reach out to you for that spare bolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amendez