OFFICIAL: 2015.5 (2015i) Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my dealer. He stated the 8 speed will be so much smoother, I will feel a slight tingly feeling in my sac. I can't wait! :party36::party36::party36:

Haha! My dealer told me the same thing after the factory guys left from training them on the new 2015.5

OP
OP
motorwerks

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's just remember that this platform and ALL NEW 6.2l direct injection engine was designed to be mated to an 8-speed transmission and taller geared differential from the design stage. It was only due to development delays and EPA certification delays that these were released with the previous generation 6-speed.

The 8-speed Denali and Escalade with the newly configured differential and programming will give them an entirely different feel

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy I know who works for GM tells me that the dealer should be able to place an order for a 2015.5 on 9/4/14. While I'm probably not the first to have heard that date it's nice to get confirmation from another source.

OP
OP
motorwerks

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015.5 yukon updates - official!!!!

SO....here is the OFFICIAL release items for the 2015.5 Yukons! (now referred to as 2015i for "interim/improved")

1. 8-speed automatic transmission (Denali only - lower 1st gear ratio, two additional overdrives, taller final drive ratio)
2. OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot with up to seven users
3. Hands Free Lift Gate (Denali only at launch, SLT being studied - wave foot under rear bumper to open lift gate)
4. Wireless Device Charging (Standard on SLT/Denali). Wirelessly charges your cell phone
5. Optional Bronze Alloy Paint
6. GMC Intellilink now has an 8" color screen with capacitive touch feedback. (MUCH faster Intellilink experience vs. early 2015 Intellilink)
7. Premium package now includes power assist steps
8. Sunroof now available separately
9. Rear seat entertainment now available separately
10. New enhanced security package
11. Rear bench seat now heated (optional)
12. new 20" chrome wheel available
13. XM radio is now 9 additional months (1 year total free)
14. All-New ultra high-speed transmission CAN bus system
15. New differentials (front and rear)
16. New 2-speed transfer case w/neutral
17. Additional features may be added

First build date is October 6, 2014. Current outdated models with old content will be discontinued on August 28, 2014. No more orders for outdated models from August 14, 2014 (today).

Last edited:

uscgto

Reaction score
you guys think the 8 speed is ever gonna go to the SLT or the LTZ?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
It will carry over before the next model change for sure. It will be the new standard, until a 10 speed comes out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenK