OEM Premium Package ...not from the factory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they narrow the options to bare-bones, bare and premium, they hope to then steer you towards the premium. That's why they stock it like they do. They have to take some of the other packages but, they are few and go fast. If you keep your eyes open...

For your benefit though, if you get it all from the dealer: it's installed, a warranty, financed in the vehicle.

Kendall69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at purchasing a Yukon...can't swing the extra $10k from a Denali and have seen several SLTs with the Premium Package that look pretty good. But it seems that most dealers stay away from ordering them that way...they order the SLEs, bare SLTs, and then the Denalis. A base SLT with the premium package (only) would sticker right at $62k.

The premium package simply gets you 22" wheels, different grille, bodyside molding, and exhaust tip....the wheels and grille are actually installed already at the dealer...

was thinking about just getting a SLT and then having the dealer install the four items..anybody gone this route...and if so -- how much did it cost?

figured I'd check what others may have paid before approaching the dealer...

I just bought a loaded SLT Yukon XL with all the goodies EXCEPT for the Denali seats, Denali name badge and saved the 10K. It's th way to go. Doing it yourself means having to come up with all the out of pocket cash ON TOP OF the deposit for the vehicle. If you buy it already installed, you get to spread the payments out - yes I know it cost more, but for the advantage of huge out of pocket it's worth it.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a loaded SLT Yukon XL with all the goodies EXCEPT for the Denali seats, Denali name badge and saved the 10K. It's th way to go. Doing it yourself means having to come up with all the out of pocket cash ON TOP OF the deposit for the vehicle. If you buy it already installed, you get to spread the payments out - yes I know it cost more, but for the advantage of huge out of pocket it's worth it.

It has the 8 or 10 speed trans and the 6.2l?

Kendall69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The buckets look nice, but and I almost regretted not getting them until we left the dealership and the next day started a 5K road trip. My 18 year old daughter was able to lay down in the full seat. When I switched drivers with my wife I played down and was able to take a nice nap for an hour and continue on driving. Plenty of sweet sleeping room on that 2nd row bench seat. I sure do not regret the buckets now.

OP
OP
T

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep - our little ones are 8 and 11 -- bench works out quite a bit better - they use the middle area for their junk and access to the 3rd row is a non issue as those seats are removed (we have a 2013) and the back end is constantly filled with the typical sports family stuff... thanks for the responses. we have decided to just order a 2018 (wife is hung up on the tan interior) :)

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep - our little ones are 8 and 11 -- bench works out quite a bit better - they use the middle area for their junk and access to the 3rd row is a non issue as those seats are removed (we have a 2013) and the back end is constantly filled with the typical sports family stuff... thanks for the responses. we have decided to just order a 2018 (wife is hung up on the tan interior) :)

Careful with that really light interior (not sure if thats the one you are talking about). I ALMOST ordered one with it and then, after test driving one with it and seeing how dirty it got from test drives (jean marks, hand smears etc) I ran far far away and went with the dark tan interior. The light tan looks frickin awesome but I am insane about keeping it clean and it'd have given me a nervous breakdown!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n