Speed limit sign not showing up (have Onstar premium plan)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My speed limit sign has just vanished from my console. It worked the two weeks I had the vehicle. I have Onstar unlimited data/ premium plan through July 2026. I have the setting clicked on in the scroll down for what you want displayed. It does say plan required underneath the on toggle.

I went through troubleshooting via Onstar and GMC app folks. Useless. Basically argued with the GMC girl that I do NOT have a 90 day trial and loaded Yukons come with 3 year premium plan. She said GM has never offered Onstar full plans as parts of the car package. Ugh.

I know this topic shows up a lot here. Any insights would be helpful. I plan to dump back in the dealers lap. (We have a great dealer and relationship)

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your Google nav quit working too? I had this happen a few weeks ago and it was software related. I’d click on nav and it would open and act like it was loading up but then crash. It’s after I realized the nav was dead that I realized the speed limit sign was gone too. They did something to the software and it’s all working again.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My speed limit sign has just vanished from my console. It worked the two weeks I had the vehicle. I have Onstar unlimited data/ premium plan through July 2026. I have the setting clicked on in the scroll down for what you want displayed. It does say plan required underneath the on toggle.

I went through troubleshooting via Onstar and GMC app folks. Useless. Basically argued with the GMC girl that I do NOT have a 90 day trial and loaded Yukons come with 3 year premium plan. She said GM has never offered Onstar full plans as parts of the car package. Ugh.

I know this topic shows up a lot here. Any insights would be helpful. I plan to dump back in the dealers lap. (We have a great
Just run whatever you want and play dumb........my truck didn't TELL me. It may or may not work. Mostly NOT because drivers ed teaches to LOOK at your surroundings and know what your vehicle is doing. Just saying......from a guy with a Class A CDL for 22 years. It's on the driver to know their vehicle and space.

But, if you're supposed to get it via Onstar, then I'd go to the stealership for warranty.

Edit: that came across rude. I never rely on GPS other than a reference. It's ultimately up to the operator for their actions

Last edited:
OP
OP
tjs3922

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nav in Google works. Everything seems to be fine with Onstar/Google/GMC apps. The odd thing is my speed limit sign is totally gone missing. Not like most of the others where the speed sign is there but shows two lines.

OP
OP
tjs3922

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Google was "stuck". Couldn't log out, no offline maps were downloading. I went into the icon on the screes for "google play store" and was able to log out. Then logged back in and everything is working as it should. Lesson learned.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I'm still not used to hearing about Google, apps, OTA updates, etc happening inside a vehicle. It just seems too complicated to me.

Glad you figured it out. It's almost like having to deal with the IT department. LOL

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to have a data plan. The three year plan you have may not include unlimited data. Check your offline maps.
Im having a similar issue. I thought I had a 3 year plan too but I did not have unlimited data.

The sign being missing or having dashes is a graphics thing. The missing sign is an updated graphics package.

OP
OP
tjs3922

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to have a data plan. The three year plan you have may not include unlimited data. Check your offline maps.
Im having a similar issue. I thought I had a 3 year plan too but I did not have unlimited data.

The sign being missing or having dashes is a graphics thing. The missing sign is an updated graphics package.
We figured it out. Google basically was frozen up. Logged out and back in. Everything is fully operational.

The new Denali come with unlimited data for 3 years.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my trusty 2008, I don't have to worry about updates, etc. The only issue I've run into are roads that done exist anymore, or driving new roads that show as me off-roading through some pasture, forest, peoples yards, etc. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar