OEM Headunit with Nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my HU yesterday and I recall a few members showing interest in buying my OEM HU from a 2007 Denali. I don't know much about it other than it has navigation and my truck has Bose and onstar. The unit is in great shape, no scratches or imperfections, and works great. i'm still using it right now. Just wanted to start this thread to gauge the interest in this HU. I will post up pics later or PM me for pics. I have no idea what these go for. If anyone could provide some feedback on that, I'd appreciate it. PM me if interested. I will be sure to triple wrap the HU in bubble tape and package it correctly so it arrives safely. It will likely be insured as well.

Edit: I also have a Parrot Bluetooth that came with the truck. I have no use for it and have never used it. I will include that with the headunit. I'm not sure if it works honestly. The screen lights up and it scrolls thru the different screens but I've never used BT before and I've never sync'd my phone to it. Probably more user error than anything. I talked to the prior owner and he says it does work. I can take a photo of it if you ask and get the model number.

Last edited:

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I'm not interested, just trying to help you out. It would help of you had pics and part number. Will it come with a navigation disk? If so, which version? I've seen the average price for these be between $400-$500, with the lowest of $300.

OP
OP
Denali0229

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll post pics this week with part number. No, it does not come with disk. I can have it updated for $40 though. I actually used the Nav today and drove on a highway that was just built so I know for sure the Nav is a little dated. I know it plays dvds and I'm not too sure about the disk changer. I thought that was built into the HU but I'm not certain.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am interested too,

What would have to be done though?

Is this plug and play?

I have NO Bose.....

Last edited:

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you absolutely sure it doesn't have any scratches on the screen?

Lol. Lol. Just busting your ball$.

Good luck with the sale.

OP
OP
Denali0229

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you absolutely sure it doesn't have any scratches on the screen?

Lol. Lol. Just busting your ball$.

Good luck with the sale.

LOL, I just got my money back last week from that debacle of a deal. I ordered a Pioneer AVH 8400 last week. Got a pretty good deal. $499 shipped. I also got the PAC OS-4 for $59 and the steering wheel module for $40, both shipped.

I'm not sure if this would be plug and play. It has no scratches and is in very good condition. It works perfectly, I'm still using it. I don't have a lot of info on the headunit, sorry. I will post pics soon. I keep forgetting to take them but it's no different than the standard headunit with navigation. Does your truck have a double din opening?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two different types of OEM nav screens and only certain ones will work depending on the cars configuration. They have the OEM nav screen that plays DVD movies (usually paired with the overhead DVD player flip down). They also have the OEM nav screen that does NOT play DVD movies. The one that plays DVD movies will have a DVD Disc emblem/logo on the bottom left side of the screen. Here is a pic of mine that does play DVD movies:
FactoryNav.jpg

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Since I've been through this myself I'll answer this.

No, it is not pnp. The dealer needs to program it to the truck, as well as unlock the radio. My dealer charged me $150 for all this. Additionally, your truck may our may not need a harness to be made/installed. Mine needed it. Dealer charged me $100 for this too. This helps solve a few problems that can occur. Without this harness my gps would lose signal when I went into a tunnel. Since this games connects to a speed adenauer, or something, if you slow down or stop in the tunnel the gps will automatically figure this. This harness makes your gps way better than a Gamin/TomTom/etc. which loses signal in a tunnel and has to reconfigure after you get out of the tunnel. Also, this harness helps with directions. The radio won't give turn-by-turn instruction or information about upcoming freeway exits without it. Finally, the arrow may point in the wrong direction or the map may be sideways while our shows your traveling down the radio.

In summary, to make it work properly, expect to drop ~$250-ish for proper install at the dealer.

OP
OP
Denali0229

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two different types of OEM nav screens and only certain ones will work depending on the cars configuration. They have the OEM nav screen that plays DVD movies (usually paired with the overhead DVD player flip down). They also have the OEM nav screen that does NOT play DVD movies. The one that plays DVD movies will have a DVD Disc emblem/logo on the bottom left side of the screen. Here is a pic of mine that does play DVD movies:
FactoryNav.jpg

Mine looks exactly like yours. It has the DVD emblem on it. I have an overhead DVD in the rear as well. Thanks for posting that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnybalo

Latest posts