NVG149 Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

packle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not sure where exactly to put this but this area seems to be mostly relevant? I have a NVG149 I want to use in a swap, however the vehicle I am swapping into is a passenger side drop. is it possible to convert a NVG149 to passenger drop? from my understanding you typically can do it because of the oiling system, but looking at teardowns you only need to relocate the oil pickup tube?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where exactly to put this but this area seems to be mostly relevant? I have a NVG149 I want to use in a swap, however the vehicle I am swapping into is a passenger side drop. is it possible to convert a NVG149 to passenger drop? from my understanding you typically can do it because of the oiling system, but looking at teardowns you only need to relocate the oil pickup tube?
Maybe someone here will know differently, but AFAIK, it's not possible to convert it to passenger-side drop. Might be worth a call to offroaddesign.com to talk about options.

OP
OP
P

packle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe someone here will know differently, but AFAIK, it's not possible to convert it to passenger-side drop. Might be worth a call to offroaddesign.com to talk about options.
Do you by chance know why its not possible at all? the bolt pattern looks to be symmetrical so clocking it 180 degrees shouldn't be a issue unless I'm looking at it wrong? I'm sure its not possible, but I just haven't been able to figure out why its not.

I'd much rather get a passenger drop as the OEM T-case is Pdrop and if that blows from 500+ HP then I can drop in the 149 and the only aftermarket front diff is also Pdrop, although I might be able to request a custom Driver side drop front diff but then I'd be forced to use the 149 from the start

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skywagon

Latest posts