Not all Z71's are 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Wait theres actually 2wd jeep wranglers? Wow thats just stupid....

OP
OP
03z71chevy

03z71chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. You can get a 2wd unlimited 4 door Wrangler. At least you used to be able to.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Wow you learn something new every day. But in all seriousness whats the use of a 2wd wrangler? Jist for show i assume... And to be made fun of. Be like: hey lets go trail riding... Other guy: cant mines 2wd it is just for show even tho its lifted and looks badass. Other guy: ur a discrace.... Lol

Trixxterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty dumb if ya ask me. Z71 is the offroad package and offroaders are 4x4... Gm just wanted to make some easy cash and screw over the z71 name:(

The Z71 was ORIGINALLY a suspension, appearance option package. Later it became the 4x4 nameplate. And now is back to being what it was originally, a SUSPENSION, APPEARANCE OPTION PACKAGE.

Working in a parts store I have to explain this a few times a week.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet the majority of lifted or long travel 2 wheel drive trucks/suv's go off road and are used for what they were built for.

I bet less than half of lifted 4x4 trucks/suv's are ever even taken off road. Let alone see a dirt road. Most lifted trucks here are street queens, seriously

Last edited:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yea that sucks. My old 2wd lifted dodge was no streetqueen lol. We used it for worl and went offroading whenever and never got stuck nor hydrolocked. Even towed bed full of roofing things and also the mobile homes that are meant for 1 ton trucks and it never gave up. 5.3 magnum takes so much abuse its not even funny

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Roofing shingles. I already hate my spell check and I just put it on again

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05+ is when the z71 was available in 2wd. has been available in 2wd ever since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seeker