noise under truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 99 escalade and a few months ago i had the transmission rebuilt. my mechanic friend and i did the install in my parents driveway since my truck was stuck there. When we did the install we filled the transmission and transfer case with atf. since then my truck has a noise when its under throttle. i can be doing 65 and the second i let off the gas the noise goes away. i just saw that the tranfer case should have been filled with the blue stuff. If i replace the fluid will that fix the noise? this noise is driving me nuts!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
no way to tell unless you replace it but you should not decide on whether to to replace it based on whether or not the noise will go away. you have the wrong fluid in there. change it now.

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 99 escalade and a few months ago i had the transmission rebuilt. my mechanic friend and i did the install in my parents driveway since my truck was stuck there. When we did the install we filled the transmission and transfer case with atf. since then my truck has a noise when its under throttle. i can be doing 65 and the second i let off the gas the noise goes away. i just saw that the tranfer case should have been filled with the blue stuff. If i replace the fluid will that fix the noise? this noise is driving me nuts!

not being a dick man but why the hell would you wait for a few months?? Id have brought that shit right back

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
i didnt notice it, I had 3 15's in the back so i never really paid attention. but over time it has gotten louder. and now i want to figure out whats going on.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
well the noise was my rear end, it blew up lol. i replaced the rear axle and changed from transfer case fluid and front diff fluid and its quiet now. now i need to replace one of my cats and the truck will pass emissions and be good to go!

Dryfly

Reaction score
i didnt notice it, I had 3 15's in the back so i never really paid attention. but over time it has gotten louder. and now i want to figure out whats going on.

Keep the volume down a little bit on that tune rocket, too. You just might hear some early warning signs of another problem- like throwing a rod (LOL)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GKasey