No turn signals/hazards or brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joxe435

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1999 2 door Tahoe and it ran hot. I parked it and ordered an all new cooling system.(Radiator/Water pump/Fail safe thermostat/ all new hoses/ Serpentine belt) Well, after installing everything, I lightly rinsed down the engine bay and wiped it down dry. It looked and ran great, for the rest of the evening. The next morning, I changed my oil and noticed that my turn signals weren't coming on, not even coming up on the dash cluster. I wrote it off as a fuse. Well the fuse for my signals was blown but didn't correct the problem. I began to inspect all of my lights by trying to turn on my hazards. Thats when I also noticed that when I would press on the the brake only my third brake light would light up brighter. My tail lights are on but don't respond to the pedal. Ive checked all of my fuses and they seem to be fine. Before all of this, the only thing I noticed that was weird was that my cruise control would work on and off. Any help would be appreciated.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if your cruise and brake and and turns and hazards are out you likely have a defective multi-function switch. You have a multimeter around?

OP
OP
J

Joxe435

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tail lights are working. still no signals. i just ordered a new multi selector switch. I needed one anyway.