No start.. pops in exhaust..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
95TahoePA

95TahoePA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is running again. We attempted to replace the one injector, but then the whole spider decided to fail. It dumped fuel into the cylinders badly.. hydrolocked the motor bad.
So, after putting in a new spider, it started again. Ran fine.. then started smelling rotten eggs. Truck started running bad. Replaced the cats *cough cough*. Now I have a random misfire on 3, 2 and 8 only. Put the plug tester on it and it lights up randomly as weak, fine or no spark. I already replaced the plugs ( for the 3rd time) because I wasn't going to use the same plugs as I had when it locked. Does it make sense it might be crossfiring?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
very possible. any one of three cylinders in he cap has its conductor very close to another as they run thru the cap. if you actually see the spark weaker on those compared to the others then by all means replace the cap now. sorry to here about the cats.

OP
OP
95TahoePA

95TahoePA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New cap and rotor ($74 for the copper pinned one)and she runs smooth! Firing on all cylinders.. needs timing done right. Dizzy is set to 0, but due to the miss and the bad spider, tI ming by computer couldn't be done.

FINALLY!

Now to figure out why she won't shift out of park. :( *sigh.. new symptom... I am able to turn it to the click before run, foit on the brake and shift it into neutral. Then start it and put it into drive. Just going to replace the solenoid this weekend and go from there.. Possibly the next thread by me.. haha

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
make sure a wire or plugs did not suffer any damage as well.

are the turn signal and back-up lights inoperable at the same time? when the interlock will not work?

OP
OP
95TahoePA

95TahoePA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything else works fine besides the passenger tail light. I have running lights, but no turn or brake. Replaced the bulb with no change. Yet, the connections are a but crusty. Going to clean them up tomorrow.

OP
OP
95TahoePA

95TahoePA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace the tail light board. Even after cleaning up the connections, it didn't work. Whatever.. got a set from a Silverado. Seemed replaced not to long before meeting it's demise.
Still didn't mess with the shifting issue. It's been cooperating for right now. Maybe once a week it doesn't want to shift. Plus I got to recoup a bit. Dropped a bit of $ into it. Need to pay bills now. Haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trackman